Puffy eyes home remedy
People who have puffy eyes can feel frustrated and very uncomfortable. One of the most common beauty problems are the puffy eyes. This condition occurs when our eyes begin to swell for many reasons such as some allergic reaction, lack of sleep, bad diet, hangovers, sinus problems, a change in weather, hormonal changes in the body, dermatitis, genetics, excessive physical stress and excessive crying. Puffy eyes can make you look ill and tired. But there are some natural puffy eyes home remedy which can help you to rid of this condition. If you suffer from this condition, then you should talk with your doctor before you use some of the mentioned home remedies. When you have puffy eyes in the future, then you can use some of the mentioned natural cures. But if you have noticed that you have puffiness under your eyes and you do not know the real reason for it, then you should talk with your doctor. Also if you have puffy eyes that are accompanied by blurry vision, discomfort and pain, then you should talk with your doctor as soon as possible.
- Potatoes: If you want to rid of the puffy eyes, then you can use potatoes as your natural treatment. This is a very effective natural puffy eyes home remedy for this condition. Potatoes have starch which posses anti – inflammatory properties that can be used to reduce this problem of your eyes. Also if you have dark circles under your eyes, then you can use this natural remedy because it can help you to fade this condition. You need to peel a medium – size potato. Then, you should wash it. Then, you should dry it. You should grate the potato. You should put the shavings in a clean cloth. Then, you should tie it up. You should place this cloth over your eyelids and let it stay there in a period of several minutes. You should repeat this puffy eyes home remedy treatment several times until you have noticed that the puffiness has subsided. 
- Chamomile tea bags: If you have puffiness that is caused by allergies, then chamomile is one of the best natural cures that you can use it. It is known natural remedy that can help with the inflammation . Also it can soothe the irritated and itchy skin of your eyes. You should boil ½ cup of fresh water. Then, you should soak two chamomile tea bags in the water for five minutes. After you have removed them from water, you should let them to cool off. You should squeeze out any excess liquid from them. You should lie down and them you should place these tea bags on your eyes. Let them stay there in a period of ten minutes. You should do this natural puffy eyes home remedy treatment two times per day.
- Strawberries: Strawberries have alpha hydroxy acid which can make your skin to look young and smooth . Also this natural cure will help you to reduce the swelling and puffiness that are under your eyes. You should chill some strawberries in a refrigerator and let them stay there in a period of thirty minutes. You should remove the tops of the strawberries. Then, you should slice the strawberries into thick pieces. You should lie down and then you should place the slices of this puffy eyes home remedy under your eyes. Let them stay there in a period of several minutes.
- Egg whites: If you want to banish under – eye bags and to prevent wrinkles, then you can use egg whites as your natural treatment [4,5]. They have skin – tightening properties which can help you to rid of this condition. You should separate two yolks from two eggs and you should put the whites in one bowl. You should whip the egg whites thoroughly until you have noticed that you got a stiff consistency. You should add a few drops of witch hazel which is a natural skin – tightening astringent. You should use soft cloth or a brush to apply this mixture under your eyes. You should let this mixture to dry on your face. You should let this natural puffy eyes home remedy to stay on your face for fifteen minutes. You should do this natural treatment every day in a period of few days.
- Cucumbers: One of the best home remedies for treating puffy eyes is the chilled cucumbers. Cucumbers have astringent properties and enzymes which can help you to reduce the inflammation and to tighten your skin. This natural cure will help you to rid of the dark circles under your eyes and to rid of the wrinkles. You should cut one cucumber into thick slices. You should chill these slices in a refrigerator in a period of ten minutes. You should place these cold slices on your eyelids. Let them stay there in a period of ten minutes or until they become warm. You should repeat this puffy eyes home remedy treatment several times per day. 
- Tea bags: You can use black or green tea bags if you want to soothe the irritated and puffy eyes. This natural cure has anti – irritant properties that can help you to reduce the swelling around your eyes. This natural cure can help you to get a relief from the inflammation and redness. You should put two used tea bags in a refrigerator. Let them stay there in a period of thirty minutes. You should lie down and then you should put these tea bags over your eyelids. You should let them stay there in a period of ten to fifteen minutes. You should repeat this natural puffy eyes home remedy treatment a few times per day.
- Cold spoons: One of the best puffy eyes home remedy is the cold spoons. This natural cure will tighten up the skin around your eyes and it will relax your blood vessels which will give you a relief from the tired and puffy eyes. You should chill five to six metal spoons in your refrigerator in a period of ten to fifteen minutes. You should hold the rounded portion of one of the cold spoons against your eyes in a period of few minutes until you have noticed that the spoon has become warm. When you have noticed that the spoon has become warm, and then you should replace this spoon with cold spoon from your refrigerator.
- Water: If you want to rid of the puffy eyes, then you have one of the best natural cures at your home. If you are asking yourself which is that natural remedy, then we will tell you right now – that is water. You should drink water to rid of this condition. We know that the water retention is one of the biggest causes for puffy eyes. Also this is a cause for other parts of your body to swell. When your body is well hydrated, then you have fewer chances to get this condition. Also when you drink water, then this natural puffy eyes home remedy will help you to flush the toxins out of your body. If you want to stay well hydrated, then you should drink eight to ten glasses of water every day. If you want to reduce the water retention in your body, then you should reduce the intake amount of salt. Also if you drink carbonated and caffeinated beverages, then this can lead to water retention so you must avoid them.
- Salt water: If you want to reduce the swelling and puffiness under your eyes, then you can use one of the simplest natural remedies – salt water. The salt water will help you to rid of the fluid retention in a very similar way to osmosis . In four cups of water you should add ½ teaspoon of salt and mix it. You should be sure that the water is not too hot. You should soak a wool eye pads or cotton balls in this warm saline water. You should place them over your eyelids. Let them stay there in a period of few minutes. You should repeat this natural puffy eyes home remedy treatment for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Cold water: If you have puffy eyes and you have a sleepless night, then you can use cold water as your natural treatment. This natural cure will lessen swelling and will help constrict blood vessels. You should rinse your face with several splashes of ice cold water. You should do this natural puffy eyes home remedy treatment several times per day as long as you need it. Also you can wrap in a washcloth a small bag filled with ice and then you should place on your eyes. You should repeat this natural treatment until you have noticed that the swelling is gone.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is rich with Vitamin E and antioxidants that can help you to reduce the puffiness around your eyes . Also this home remedy will keep the fine lines and wrinkles at bay. You should apply Aloe Vera gel under your eyes. This will improve the blood circulation and it will flush out the fluids around your eyes. Also this natural cure will reduce the swelling. When you are applying this natural puffy eyes home remedy, then you should be very careful to not put in your eyes. If you do not have pure Aloe Vera gel in your home, then you should apply any skin care product which has Aloe Vera extracts or gel.
Above are some of the puffy eyes home remedy treatment.
 Indo-Asian News Service. Have puffy eyes? All you need is potato slices. 2018. Retrieved from www.indiatoday.in/lifestyle/health/story/have-puffy-eyes-all-you-need-is-potato-slices-1174462-2018-02-21.
 Srivastava JK, Shankar E, Gupta S. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with bright future. Molecular Medicine Reports. 2010;3(6):895-901.
 SMuthukumaran S, Tranchant C, Shi J. Ellagic acid in strawberry (Fragaria spp.): Biological, technological, stability, and human health aspects. Food Quality and Safety. 2017;1(4):227-52.
 Guyot N, Réhault-Godbert S, Slugocki C, et al. Characterization of egg white antibacterial properties during the first half of incubation: A comparative study between embryonated and unfertilized eggs. Poultry Science. 2016;95(12):2956-70.
 Jensen GS, Shah B, Holtz R. Reduction of facial wrinkles by hydrolyzed water-soluble egg membrane associated with reduction of free radical stress and support of matrix production by dermal fibroblasts. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2016;9:357-66.
 Murad H, Nyc MA. Evaluating the potential benefits of cucumbers for improved health and skin care. The Journal of Aging Research & Clinical Practice. Retrieved from www.jarcp.com/3050-evaluating-the-potential-benefits-of-cucumbers-for-improved-health-and-skin-care.html.
 Rakova N, Kitada K, Lerchl K, et al. Increased salt consumption induces body water conservation and decreases fluid intake. The Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2017;127(5):1932-43.
 Nejatzadeh-Barandozi F. Antibacterial activities and antioxidant capacity of Aloe vera. Organic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2013;3:5.