The premature ejaculation is happening when a man ejaculates sooner during the sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. It is noticed that premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual complaints. There are some studies in which are said that 1 in 3 men experience premature ejaculation at some time. If it is happening infrequently, then there is not a reason to be worried. But you can be diagnosed with premature ejaculation if you:
- Feel frustrated and distressed and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
- Are unable to delay ejaculation during sexual intercourse all or nearly all of the time
- It is noticed that always or nearly always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
Both biological and psychological factors can play a role in it. Many men feel embarrassed to talk about it, but this is a very common and a treatable problem. Sexual techniques that delay ejaculation, counseling and medications, or a combination of these, can help to improve the sex for you and your partner.
Premature ejaculation symptoms
It is known that the inability to delay ejaculation for more than one minute after penetration is the main symptom of it. But this problem can happen in all sexual situations, even during masturbation. It can be classified as:
- Lifelong (primary): The lifelong premature ejaculation happens all or nearly all of the time beginning with your first sexual encounters.
- Acquired (secondaty): The acquired premature ejaculation happens after you have had previous sexual experiences without ejaculatory problems.
There are many men who feel that they have symptoms of it but their symptoms do not meet the diagnostic criteria for it. These men can have natural variable premature ejaculation which is including periods of rapid ejaculation, as well as periods of normal ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation causes
The exact cause for it is not known. In the past was thought that it is only psychological but nowadays doctors know that the premature ejaculation is involving a complex interaction of psychological and biological factors.
- Psychological causes: Here are some psychological factors which can play a role in it:
- You have guilty feelings that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
- Worrying about it
- Poor body image
- Sexual abuse
- Early sexual experiences
Also, other factors can play a role in premature ejaculation, such as:
- Relationship problems: If you had relationship with satisfying sexual life and it happened infrequently or not at all, then it is possible that interpersonal problems between you and your current partner are contributing to it.
- Anxiety: It is noticed that many men who have premature ejaculation also have problems with anxiety which is linked to sexual performance or it is related to other problems.
- Erectile dysfunction: Those men who are anxious about obtaining or maintaining an erection during the sexual intercourse can form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate which can be difficult to change.
- Biological causes: There are many biological factors which can lead to premature ejaculation, such as
- Inherited traits
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters
- Abnormal hormone levels
There are different factors which can increase your risk for premature ejaculation, such as
- Stress: The mental or emotional strain in any area of your life can play a role in the premature ejaculation which will limit your ability to relax and focus during sexual intercourses.
- Erectile dysfunction: You can have an increased risk of premature ejaculation if you occasionally or consistently have troubles maintaining or getting an erection. Also, the fear of losing your erection can cause you unconsciously or consciously hurry through sexual encounters.
It can cause problems in your personal life, such as
- Fertility problems: It can occasionally make the fertilization difficult for couples who are trying to have a baby if the ejaculation does not happen intravaginally.
- Stress and relationship problems: The relationship stress is a common complication of It.