Acanthosis nigricans Home Remedy
Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition in which you have black or grey – brown plaques that are developing on your skin. This is a benign dermatologic condition. Usually this condition is happening in the areas where you have skin folding such as groin, armpits or neck. Addison’s disease, hypothyroidism and Cushing’s disease are endocrines disorders which are associated with acanthosis nigricans. Also there are some cases when acanthosis nigricans is caused by cancer but also the chances of getting acanthosis nigricans which is caused by some uncommon genetic syndromes are not excluded. The most common cause for acanthosis nigricans is the insulin resistance states in which we can mention diabetes mellitus. We know that the obesity can have the biggest role in the insulin resistance. The exact cause for this condition is not known. In some case experts are saying that when we have high levels of insulin in our bodies, then they stimulate the growth receptors in some skin cells which mean that these cells are leading to characteristic hyperpigmented plaques. The elevated blood sugar and the obesity are the most common underlying causes for acanthosis nigricans and the treatment of this condition depends on the underlying condition. Exercise and diet are the best acanthosis nigricans home remedy. You must talk with your doctor if you have noticed changes in your skin and you should not take any of the mentioned home remedies if you have not talked with him. Here are some acanthosis nigricans home remedy:
- Camphorated oil: People who are in search of acanthosis nigricans home remedy should apply camphorated oil on their skin because this oil will make better circulation to the splotches on the skin. There are some people who have tried to rid of the acanthosis nigricans with this natural remedy and they have complained about the treatment period (because they have been using the camphorated oil in period of one to two years) but they have said that this natural remedy had helped them to win against this condition. Some people who have used this natural remedy for their scars and marks have noticed that these conditions have improved in a period of two years. Also they have said that their skin is smooth on those places.
- Neem oil: People who suffer from acanthosis nigricans can use neem balm as their natural remedy because it can help them to fade away the dark areas on their skin. But you should do exercises and to have a proper diet if you want to rid of this condition.
- Baking soda: You should mix water and baking soda to make a paste. Apply this paste on your neck and let it stay there in a period of fifteen to twenty minutes. When this paste is dried, then you should wash it with water. You should repeat this treatment every day until you have noticed that you have not dark skin.
- Zinc: If you suffer from acanthosis nigricans, then you should try with zinc supplements. There are some cases when people who have children that are two years old have used zinc tablet which is for kids and in period of two weeks they have improved their condition. But you should talk with your doctor if your children suffer from acanthosis nigricans because he or she will prescribe you the best natural remedy for you and they will tell you what the recommended dose is for you.
- Lemon: It has natural citric acid and it has bleaching properties that can help you to win against the acanthosis nigricans. This is a cheap remedy that anyone who suffers from this condition can afford it. But after you have used lemon juice you should not go out in the sun. You will need to stir together one teaspoon of rose water and one teaspoon of lemon juice. You should apply this remedy on your dark neck with using a cotton ball or with your fingers. You should rub this remedy on gentle way because it needs to be absorbed by your skin. You should let this remedy to stay on your neck all the night or let it stay there in a period of few hours. In the next morning you should wash your neck with water. You need to repeat this treatment every day in a period of one month if you want to rid of acanthosis nigricans. Also this remedy can be stored overnight and that is the period when you will get the best results. Also there is another option which you can make if you suffer from acanthosis nigricans. You will need to squeeze one lemon. Then, you should add a pinch of turmeric powder in this juice. You should stir this mixture. Then, you should apply this remedy on your dark neck with a cotton ball or you can use fingers. You should massage you neck with this remedy in a period of one or two minutes and you should let this mixture to stay there in a period of ten to fifteen minutes. You should wash your neck with lukewarm water. You should repeat this treatment regularly if you want to have the best results. There is also a third method which you can make it if you suffer from acanthosis nigricans. You will need to squeeze the juice from one lemon. You should dip in a cotton ball and then you should apply on the areas where your skin is darker. If you know that you can be irritated from the lemon juice, then you should add water in the juice because in this way you will prevent the irritation. You should let this remedy to stay on the affected areas in a period of ten to twenty minutes. When it is irritating you or when it is dry, then you should wash those areas with cold water. One of the best home combinations which you can make to rid of the acanthosis nigricans is the combination of honey and lemon. You should squeeze one lemon and then you should add few drops of honey in this juice. You should stir this mixture and then you should apply it on your neck. You should let it stay there in a period of few minutes until you have noticed that this mixture is dry. You should rinse the mixture with water and you should repeat it on the regular base if you want to have the best results. Also there is another option from lemon which you can make it. You will need to mix one teaspoon of almond oil, one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of milk and two teaspoons of lemon juice. You should apply this mixture on the affected areas and let it stay there in a period of fifteen to twenty minutes. Then, you should wash your affected areas. You should repeat this treatment at regular base.
- Oats: It can remove the dead skin cells in the areas where you have applied it because it is natural exfoliate. You will need to mix tomato pulp and coarsely ground oats powder and make a paste from them. You should apply this mixture on the neck area and you should massage your neck with this mixture in a period of few minutes. You should let this remedy to stay on your neck in a period of fifteen to thirty minutes. You should wet your finger and then with a circular motion you should rub your neck in a gentle way. You should continue to do this treatment in a period of five to seven minutes before you wash this remedy off your neck and before you pat dry it. You should moisture this area. You will need to repeat this treatment two to three times per week if you want to have the best results.
- Yogurt: This natural cleanser will help you to rid of the acanthosis nigricans because it has acidic properties. We have said previously that the lime juice has a bleaching effect. They are a good combination if you want to rid of the acanthosis nigricans. You should stir freshly squeezed lemon juice with plain yogurt. You should apply this mixture to your neck. You should let this remedy to stay there in a period of fifteen to twenty minutes. You should wash this remedy with water. You should repeat this treatment at regular basis. Also you can make another mixture from yogurt. In a small bowl you should mix turmeric powder and yogurt. You should apply this remedy to your neck. Let it stay there from fifteen to twenty five minutes. Then, you should wash those areas with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment at regular base.
- Fruit masks: You will need to mash the pulp of banana. You should add small amount of olive oil in it and then you should mix it. Apply this remedy to your neck. Let it stay there from fifteen to twenty minutes. You should wash this mask with water. You should pat dry your skin. Apply this remedy every day. Also you can make another mask. Crush strawberries and mash papaya to a pulp. You will need to add 1 – 2 tablespoons of crushed strawberries and then you should mix this remedy. Apply this mixture to your neck and let it stay there in a period of ten to fifteen minutes. Wash your neck with water and then you should repeat it at regular intervals as acanthosis nigricans home remedy.