How to stop smoking addiction in natural way
We know that smoking cigarettes is one of the worst habits in the world. This smoking addiction is bad for our overall health. The number of people who have died of smoking cigarettes is increasing every year all around the world. There was a study in which was shown that 1/3 of all cancer deaths have been caused by cigarettes. Also in this study was shown that ¼ of the fatal heart attacks that were in the United States of America were caused by this bad habit. In the most cases people start to smoke cigarettes because they have media influence, to be social, to peer pressure, to handle awkward or stressful situations or as a status symbol. The addictive component of the cigarettes is the nicotine and while they smoke cigarettes they build up cravings for nicotine. This element can cause you many health problems such as lung and other types of cancer, earlier menopause, an irregular menstrual cycle, reduced fertility in women, lower sperm count in men, a weakened immune system, increased blood pressure and heart rate and respiratory health problems. Non – smokers can also develop some of the mentioned diseases because they are breathing the cigarette smoke and this kind of smoking is known as passive smoking. In the first period when you quit smoking you can feel constant craving to smoke, higher blood pressure, headaches, increased appetite, lack of concentration, anger, anxiety and frustration. You should not quit of the desire to stop smoking.
- Lobelia: It has active ingredient which is known as lobeline that can help you to reduce the side effects of nicotine in your body and this especially is connected with the release of the neurotransmitter dopamine. You can find this herb in the markets in the form of vinegar tincture. You should take twenty to sixty drops of this tincture 3 times per day. You should start with lower dosage such as 3 – 5 drops and you should gradually increase it. This herb is highly toxic which means that you need to talk with your doctor before you start using it. People who have high blood pressure or who have heart disease should not use it. Also nursing and pregnant women should not use this natural remedy to stop their smoking addiction.
- Licorice: This is demulcent and expectorant herb that can help you to quit smoking addiction in natural way. The licorice root has slight sweet taste which will kill your urge to smoke. Also it can help you to get a relief from the cough which most of the smokers have. It can help to have cortisol levels balance because it is adrenal tonic. It can restore the energy and reduce fatigue. If you feel urge to smoke, then you should chew a small stick of licorice root. Also you can drink licorice root tea 2 – 3 times per day. People who have reduced liver or kidney functioning, who have adrenal disease, high blood pressure and diabetes should not use licorice.
- Grape juice: Nicotine is toxin which your body needs to get out of it and you will not feel any kind of withdrawal symptom any more. Grape juice has acids that can clean your toxins in fast way and also it will rejuvenate your system.
- Cayenne pepper: This home remedy of smoking addiction will help you to desensitize the chemical irritants and respiratory system which are components of the smoke. Also this natural remedy will help you to have stabilized lung membranes because it has antioxidant properties. Also it will prevent damage in your body. There are many forms in which can be used cayenne pepper such as tea, capsules, ground pepper powder and fresh pepper. All of these forms can help you to quit smoking addiction. In one cup of water you should add pinches of cayenne pepper and then you should drink this mixture every day. This home remedy will help you a lot when you have strong carvings for smoking.
- John’s Wort: This kind of medicinal herb will help you to quit smoking. When you are quitting smoking, then you can feel stress and edgy effect. This herb will help you to rid of these situations of smoking addiction. There was one pilot study in which 24 people who have been smoking one or more cigarettes per day have taken 450 mg of this medicinal herb two times per day. Also in this period they had smoking cessation counseling. After 12 weeks, 9 people out of 24 have quit smoking. But also there should be done lot more studies to prove the effects of this herb. You can find this herb in many forms such as capsule, bulk and liquid form. You should start using this smoking addiction home remedy two weeks before you plant to quit smoking. You need to talk with your doctor before you start using St. John’s Wort because it can interfere with some medications.
- Green oats: If you want to quit smoking, then you should consume green oats. They are also known as wild oats and avena sativa. They will ease the withdrawal symptoms and also they will reduce the desire for nicotine. When the withdrawal process is ongoing, then this herb will promote detoxification of nicotine. They have tonic and sedative effect on your nervous system. This will help to people who are struggling to quit smoking. In many markets there are green oats in capsule forms. You can take 300 mg of this natural remedy every day but you need to talk with your doctor about the recommended dosage for you.
- Water: You need to drink plenty of water because it will help you to rid of the negative effects of nicotine and tobacco. When you are quitting the smoking, then you need to drink lot of water because it will speed up the healing process and it will boost your body. It can help you to fight against your addiction.
- Ginseng: It can help you to alleviate the frequency of cravings. This kind of herb is tonic for our adrenal glands and also it will help you to reestablish the proper cortisol levels in your bloodstream. Also this herb will help you to deal with the emotional and physical stress in your body. Also it will help you to restore the balance in your body when you have the withdrawal symptoms. When you quit of smoking, then you can feel anxiety, decreased concentration and bad mood. This herb will help you to improve all the mentioned conditions. In one glass of milk you should add one teaspoon of ginseng powder or also you can add one teaspoon of ginseng powder in your breakfast cereal. Also you can chew a small amount of dried ginseng and also you should swallow the juice of ginseng. If you suffer from a hormone – sensitive condition, schizophrenia, an auto – immune disease, diabetes or heart problems, then you should not use this smoking addiction home remedy.
- Valerian: This flowering plant has anti – anxiety and sedative properties which can help you to quit smoking. When you are consuming this kind of herb, then the valerian interacts with GABA receptors in your brain which is causing a sedative effect. When you have calming effect on your body, then this will also help you to stave off cravings. Also when you quit from smoking, then you feel withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, restlessness, depression and irritability. You should use valerian because it can help you to reduce the withdrawal symptoms. You can find valerian in a tincture, powder or capsule form. You need to talk with your medical professional before you start using this smoking addiction home remedy.
- Passion flower: When you have smoking cessation, then you will feel irritability or anxiety. You should use passion flower because it will help you to rid of these symptoms. People who feel restlessness and insomnia during the withdrawal period should use passion flower because it will help them to reduce these symptoms. Also this herb will help you to reduce the nicotine cravings. You can find this herb in capsule, tincture or tea form. As we have mentioned previously, you need to talk with your medical professional before you start using passion flower as your natural remedy for stopping the smoking addiction. Breastfeeding and pregnant women should not use this herb.
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C can repair your body and they will give you the essential nutrients that your body needs to expel toxins. These vitamins can help you to rid of the smoking addiction.
- Ear massage: One way to cope with cravings is to have ear massage. This is the key area of our bodies which will help with smoking cessation. When you are massaging your ears, then this massage is stimulating the acupuncture points which will help you to reduce the urge of smoking. You should massage your ears two times per day because this will help you to reduce the cravings. It can help you to quit smoking addiction. But you need to talk with your doctor before you start taking some of the mentioned herbs.