Acne rosacea Home Remedy
This is a kind of chronic skin condition. In the most cases this condition affect our faces. The chin, nose, cheeks and the forehead are the parts of our face which are affected with acne rosacea. Every single person can suffer from rosacea. Middle – aged women who have fair skin are having the biggest chances to get rosacea. This kind of problem also can be mistaken for an allergic reaction, acne or other skin problems. The most common symptoms of this condition are dry skin, thick skin, small cysts, swollen eyelids, a burning sensation, bumps and red patches. These symptoms come and go. You may have rosacea at this moment and in the next weeks, months or years your skin can be clear and then you will notice that your skin will erupt again. The exact cause for this condition is not known. It is believed that the swelling of your blood vessels beneath your skin can lead to rosacea. There are some factors that can increase your risk of getting rosacea such as living in areas with extreme temperatures, sinus infection, intense exercise, stress, excessive drinking, eating too much spicy food and exposure to direct sunlight. There are some simple acne rosacea home remedy which can help you to minimize the symptoms of acne rosacea and they will help you to do all the everyday activities. You should talk with your doctor if you suffer from rosacea. He or she will tell you if some of the mentioned natural remedies will help you to improve your condition.
- Chamomile compress: This is a very effective acne rosacea home remedy because it has anti – inflammatory properties that can help you to reduce redness and inflammation. It has some ingredients that have soothing effects on your skin such as flavonoids and terpenoids. In 3 cups of boiling water you should soak 3 – 6 chamomile tea bags in a period of ten minutes. You should remove the tea bags from the water and then you should put the water in the refrigerator (put the water in a bowl) until the water is cold. You should dip a clean cotton cloth in the cold water. You need to wring out the excess water from the cotton. You need to put this cotton on the affected areas and let it stay there in a period of fifteen minutes. You should repeat this acne rosacea home remedy 3 – 4 times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition. There are some rare cases when the chamomile leads to allergic reactions. Before you start using this natural remedy, you need to make a patch test. [1,2]
- Aloe Vera: You can use Aloe Vera juice or gel as your acne rosacea home remedy. It has healing and anti – inflammatory properties which can help you to reduce irritation, redness and it will rejuvenate your skin. You can use this acne rosacea home remedy externally or orally if you want to rid of the rosacea. You should extract the gel from fresh Aloe Vera plant. You should apply this remedy on the affected areas. You should let this remedy to dry on its own. When this remedy is dried, then you should rinse the affected areas with lukewarm water. You should do this acne rosacea home remedy two times per day at least 2 months if you want to rid of the rosacea. Also you will rid of inflammation and redness. [1,2]
- Green tea: It can help you to treat the rosacea because it has many properties such as phyto protective properties, anti – oxidant, anti – inflammatory and anti – carcinogen properties . It can help you to reduce the side effects of the UV light and also it will prevent from formation of pustules and papules on the affected areas. You need to make 2 cups of green tea. You need to put this remedy in a refrigerator from 30 – 60 minutes. You need to soak a clean cloth in the cold tea. You should place the cloth on the affected areas and you need to let this remedy to stay on those areas in a period of several minutes. This is a soothing treatment which can help you to decrease the inflammation and redness. You need to repeat this treatment in a period of 2 months until you have noticed improving in your condition. Also you should drink green tea at least 2 times per day. This acne rosacea home remedy will give your body extra antioxidants which can help you to speed up the healing process and also your skin will be hydrated.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is also a very effective acne rosacea home remedy because it has many properties such as antioxidant and anti – inflammatory properties that can help you to reduce the inflammation, itching and redness. In a large bowl you should mix ¼ cup of water with ½ cup of powdered oatmeal. You need to apply this acne rosacea home remedy on the affected areas. You need to smooth the oatmeal over your skin in light way but you should not rub your skin. You should let this remedy to stay on your face in a period of twenty minutes. You should rinse this mask with cool water. You should use a soft towel to pat dry your skin. You should repeat this treatment two times per day in a period of several days if you want to have the best results. [1,4]
- Licorice: If you suffer from rosacea and you have redness, then you should use licorice as your natural remedy. It has anti – inflammatory properties which can help you to have healthy skin cells [1,5]. Also it can help you to reduce the skin irritation. You should make a mixture with one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel, one teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of licorice powder. You should apply this acne rosacea home remedy on the affected areas. You should let this remedy to stay on your skin in a period of fifteen minutes. You should wash this mixture from your face with lukewarm water. You should do this treatment two times per day in a period from 4 – 8 weeks.
- Lavender oil: This is one of the most used natural remedies for treating skin problems including rosacea because it has anti – inflammatory and antiseptic properties . You should soak a cotton ball in lavender oil (it must be pure lavender oil) and you should massage the affected areas of your skin with this cotton ball and you should massage your skin on gentle way. You should let this acne rosacea home remedy to stay on the affected areas through all the night and when you wake up in the morning you need to wash your face with lukewarm water. You need to repeat this treatment every day in a period of several weeks. You need to use this kind of oil with caution because there are some people who can easily get irritation from this oil.
- Honey: This natural product has many properties which can help us to rid of the rosacea such as antioxidant and anti – inflammatory properties . This acne rosacea home remedy also will help you to prevent the breakouts of the acne rosacea. Your skin will be moisturized and this natural remedy will not make your skin oily. You should massage your face with one to two tablespoons of raw honey. Massage your face on gentle way. You should let this remedy to stay on your skin in a period of twenty minutes. You should rinse your face with lukewarm water and then you need to apply a light moisturizer. You need to repeat this treatment two times per week because it can promote healing and you will reduce redness and inflammation. Also you can make another acne rosacea home remedy from ½ teaspoon of whole milk, one tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of organic honey. You should apply this remedy on your face. Let it stay there for ten minutes. You should rinse this mask with lukewarm water. You need to repeat this treatment from one to three times per week.
- Apple cider vinegar: It can help you to have stable levels of pH because and also it has anti – inflammatory properties. When you have normal pH levels in your body, then your skin will be healthy. Also this acne rosacea home remedy is a natural disinfectant. It will kill the bacteria and yeast which are on your skin. In one cup of filtered water you should add one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. You should drink this mixture two times per day every morning and every night. You should drink this mixture from 6 – 8 weeks which depends on the severity of your condition. Also you can increase the amount of apple cider vinegar which you consume. This means that you should increase this amount from one teaspoon to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar two times per day. Also you can make another mixture from eight tablespoons of water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. You should apply this remedy on the places where you have rosacea. You should let this remedy to stay on your skin for ten minutes and then you should rinse it from your skin with lukewarm water. You should do this acne rosacea home remedy once per day in a period of two months.
Above are some of the acne rosacea home remedy.
 Weinkle AP, Doktor V, Emer J. Update on the management of rosacea. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology.2015;8:159-77.
 Gonçalves MMBMM, de Pina MESRT. Dermocosmetic care for rosacea. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018;53(4).
 Saric S, Notay M, Sivamani RK. Green tea and other tea polyphenols: Effects on sebum production and acne vulgaris. Antioxidants. 2017;6(1):2.
 Reynertson KA, Garay M, Nebus J, et al. Anti-inflammatory activities of colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) contribute to the effectiveness of oats in treatment of itch associated with dry, irritated skin. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 2015;14(1):43-8.
 Saeedi M, Morteza-Semnani K, Ghoreishi MR. The treatment of atopic dermatitis with licorice gel. Journal of Dermatological Treatment. 2003;14(3):153-7.
 Cardia GFE, Silva-Filho SE, Silva EL, et al. Effect of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil on acute inflammatory response. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2018; 2018: 1413940.
 Semprini A, Braithwaite I, Corin A, et al. Randomised controlled trial of topical kanuka honey for the treatment of acne. BMJ Open. 2016;6(2).