Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection
This is a very common problem which can happen in women and men. Women are having bigger chances of getting urinary tract infection. When exit tubes in our urinary system and our bladder are affected by bacteria, then this leads to urinary tract infection. Diabetes, pregnancy, waiting too long to urinate, menopause and sexual intercourse can lead to urinary tract infection. Symptoms of this kind of infection can be some of the next: abdominal pain, frequent urge to urinate, a burning sensation when urinating, passing small quantities of urine, vomiting, nausea, fever and change in urine color. If you feel some of the mentioned symptoms, then you must talk with your doctor. You will need to have an urge medical care because this kind of infection can affect your kidneys. You can try some home remedies but you must talk with your doctor before you start using them. Here are some natural cures which can help you to prevent and treat urinary tract infection:
- Apple cider vinegar: This kind of vinegar has potassium, enzymes and minerals which prevent the bacteria which causes urinary tract infection to spread in other parts of the body. People who are affected with this kind of infection should use apple cider vinegar as their natural remedy because it acts like natural antibiotic. In a glass of water you should add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Also you can add honey and lemon juice in this mixture. You should mix this kind of remedy. In a period of few days you should drink it two times per day.
- Indian gooseberry (Amla): This kind of her has Vitamin C as its component. It can help you to inhibit the growth of bacteria which is cause for this infection. In a cup of water you should add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla). You should boil this kind of mixture. You should boil this kind of mixture until the water is at half. In a period of 3 – 5 days you should drink this kind of mixture 3 times per day. You should increase the intake amount of fruits and vegetables which are rich with Vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, papaya, tomatoes, kiwi, raspberries and melon.
- Cranberry juice: This kind of juice has proanthocyanidins which can help you the bacteria to spread on the walls of urethra and to cause you urinary tract infection. It has mild antibiotic properties which can help you to heal from the urinary tract infection. If you want to prevent the urinary tract infection, then you should drink ½ glass of cranberry juice. If you suffer from urinary tract infection, then you should drink 3 – 4 glasses of cranberry juice every day. In this way you will prevent the infection to make serious damages to your kidneys. What is important to know is that you should not drink sweetened cranberry juice. It must be unsweetened. Also if you do not want the taste of this juice, then you should add apple juice in it. Mix it well. Then, you should drink it. If you had or have kidney stones, then you should not use cranberry juice as your natural remedy for the urinary tract infection.
- Baking soda: When you use baking soda as your natural treatment, then you have a relief from the pain caused by this infection and also you will raise the acid – base balance of the acidic urine. When you are neutralizing the acidity in your urine, then you can have faster recovery. In a glass of water you should add one teaspoon of baking soda. You should drink this mixture once or twice per day.
- Tea tree oil: It has antibacterial properties which can fight against the bacteria which is reason for urinary tract infection. In your bath water you should add 10 drops of tea tree oil. You should use this kind of mixture to wash the opening of urethra. Also you can mix equal amounts of sandalwood oil, juniper oil and tea tree oil. You should use this kind of mixture to rub the area near the bladder and on the abdominal region. This can help you to reduce the pain which is cause by this kind of infection. You should repeat this home remedy once per day in a period of 3 – 4 hours. In your warm bath water you should add six drops of tea tree oil and two teaspoons of plain yogurt and then you should soak in this mixture. You should stay in the water for ten minutes. Repeat this treatment in a period of ten days.
- Blueberries: This is effective natural treatment for urinary tract infection because they have bacteria – inhibiting properties. Also it has antioxidant properties which can make your immune system strong. They can prevent the growth of bacteria which is a reason for the urinary tract infection. In your favorite cereal you should add some fresh blueberries. You should eat this kind of mixture as your breakfast. Also you can drink blueberry juice every day. If you want to have the best results, then you should drink this kind of juice every morning and every night. You should not add sweetener in the juice. You should drink it in raw form. Also you can add fresh blueberries in your diet. If you suffer from urinary tract infection, then you can choose if you want to eat blueberries in raw form or you can drink the juice of it.
- Pineapple: This kind of fruit has an enzyme which is known as bromelain. This kind of enzyme has anti – inflammatory properties which can help you to reduce the symptoms caused by this infection. In many cases doctors are recommending combination of pineapples with antibiotics as kind of treatment for the urinary tract infection. If you want to prevent the urinary tract infection, then you should add pineapple in your every day meal. Also you can make a juice from ½ of pineapple and then you should drink this juice. You should eat fresh pineapples because they will help you to reduce the symptoms caused by the urinary tract infection. You should avoid eating canned pineapples because they have many preservatives which cannot help you.
- Uva ursi: This kind of herb can help you a lot if you suffer from urinary tract infection. It has many substances which can help you in the fight against this disease. It has antiseptic properties and several chemicals which can be used as natural treatment for the urinary tract infection. You can find it in drugstores in a supplement form. When you are using this kind of supplement, then the bacteria which are reason for this kind of infection can be killed. Also the urination will be stimulated. Children should not take uva ursi. Also people who suffer from liver or kidney disease should not use uva ursi as their natural treatment. Nursing and pregnant woman should not use uva ursi if they suffer from urinary tract infection.
- Hot water compress: When you use hot water compress, then you will feel a relief from the pain which is caused by the urinary tract infection because it will give you a minimization feeling of the bladder pressure. When you use hot compress, then you will prevented from the growth of the bacteria which is leading to this infection. Also the inflammation caused by this disease is decreased. In a flexible water bottle you should put some hot water. Then, you should put the hot water bottle on the lower abdomen. Let it stay for few minutes. Also you should put a heating pad on the lower abdominal pain because it will help you to get relief from the pain caused by urinary tract infection.
- Water: If you suffer from urinary tract infection, then you should drink lot of water. You should drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water per day. When you are drinking lot of water, then you are urinating a lot. This will help you to get relief from the pain caused by urinary tract infection. Also when you are drinking lot of water, then your urine is less concentrated. This means that your bacteria will be out from your body. This will help you to have faster healing process. Also you should add lot of vegetable and fruit juices because you will enough amounts of vitamins and minerals which can help you to heal from urinary tract infection.
- Celery seeds: They are acting like diuretics. When you are chewing celery seeds, then you are increasing your urinating. You should chew celery seeds once or twice per day because they will help you to fight against urinary tract infection.