Prevent a stroke
When people are in their middle ages, then they have increased risk of getting strokes no matter if they are women or men. This is a serious fact about their health for which they should worry. In this modern era we notice that people smoke a lot and drink a lot. But they rarely visit their doctors. They do not think that they have increased risk of getting strokes. It is increasing the number of people who have stroke which is caused by those bad habits. In many cases when women are pregnant they have hormone changes and when they are in their menopausal period they have increased risk of getting stroke. Also the mood factor can lead to stroke. Women are more depressed than men. This means that they have increased risk of getting stroke. You should try to avoid the cigarettes and alcohol and try to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Also you should check your blood sugar levels and blood pressure constantly. In this way you can avoid the risk of getting strokes. Here are some natural ways how you can prevent the strokes:
- Walk 20 minutes a day: In this modern era we constantly run to finish the everyday activities. We have family, children, work, school, we want our house to be clean, we want to have dinner every day, and we want everything to be perfect. We also know that we do nor have enough free time. But if we want to prevent the risk of getting strokes we should make 20 minutes free for us. Even if we walk two times per day for 10 minutes, this will help you too. There was a study in which was shown that 40.000 women who walked 2 hours per week have reduced their chances of getting strokes for 30%. Also this activity will improve your overall health. [1,2]
- Know the difference between sad and depressed: When women are in their middle ages, then they have increased chances of getting strokes according to study which was done before some years . When women are depressed they have gain weight, they do not want to do normal exercises and they smoke more. Also when they are in these ages they have increased chances of getting medical issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure which can also increase the risk of getting strokes. If you feel that you are in depression, then you must talk with your doctor as soon as possible. If you feel persistent, hopeless, irritable, worthless, sadness, emptiness, anxiousness, helpless, exhausted, overeat or lose your appetite, cannot concentrate or sleep, you have pains and aches that not go even if you have used treatments for this condition and you think about suicide, then you have depression. You must talk with your doctor. He or she will tell you how to improve your condition.
- Set your alarm for 7 hours of sleep: There are many scientists who have said that you should sleep 7 hours per day. When you sleep more than ten hours per day, then your chances of getting strokes are increased for 63%. People who snore have increased chances of developing metabolic syndrome which is a condition that can increase the risk of getting diabetes and heart attack. This is a reason why you should be active constantly. Do not sleep more than 7 hours per day. 
- Olive oil: When you are baking or cooking some food, then you should add olive oil in it. We know that this kind of oil can help us to lower the risk of heart attack. Nowadays there are studies in which is shown that olive oil also reduces the chances of getting strokes. There was a study in France in which 7.600 French adults which were 65 years old or older and who were constantly using this kind o f oil in their meals have reduced their chances of getting strokes for 40%. 
- Mind the migraine: People who suffer from extra – special headaches are having increased risk of getting stroke. Extra – special headaches means that when people have headaches, then they feel blind spots and flashes. This is a risk which is increasing in women. There is no clear proof that people who suffer from a migraine will have stroke in their life. There should be done more studies about this topic. But they have said that people who suffer from a migraine should try to reduce the frequency of them. In this way they will feel better. If you suffer from a migraine, then you should talk with your doctor. He or she will tell which the best way the migraine is.
- Pay attention to palpitations: If you have atrial fibrillation, then you can feel some of the next symptoms: chest pain, lightheadedness and shortness of breath. This condition is abnormal heartbeat which can increase the risk of getting stroke. There is study in which is shown that more than two million Americans have this kind of disease. They use anticlotting medications which help them to reduce the risk of getting stroke. In this period there are many new medications about this problem. But you should try with home remedies. Before you decide to take some home remedy as your natural treatment you should talk with your doctor because he or she will tell you which is the best way to reduce the risk of getting strokes.
- Eat sweet potatoes: You should add sweet potatoes in your diet if you want to reduce the risk of getting strokes. Also you can consume tomato paste, bananas and raisins. They can also reduce the risk of getting strokes. They have high amounts of potassium. There are studies in which is shown that people who add potassium in their diet have reduced the risk of getting strokes by 20% . Also you can add dairy products, fish, poultry, vegetables and fruits.
- Lengthen that short fuse: You should not be nervous all the time. We know that we live in stress life and we are full of obligations, but we should take a deep breath before we start yelling for something. Even your husband has not put his socks for washing and your kids have made a mess, you should count to 3 and take a deep breath. Do not yell at them even you have a right to do it. There are studies in which is shown that people who are angry all the time or who are aggressive have increased chances of getting strokes. They have noticed that people who are angry and anxious all the time have greater thickening of the neck arteries compared with people who are not constantly in these conditions.
- Think fast: There are many surveys in which is shown that less than 30% women can name at least 2 symptoms of the stroke. Most of them do not know how to recognize them. They should use the FAST method because in this way they can easily remember them. Here are the meanings of these letters: F (face): vision disturbance, uneven smile, numbness and facial droopiness; A (arm and leg): difficulty walking, weakness and numbness; S (speech): mute, inappropriate words and slurred; T (time): They should realize that this element of the FAST method is critical. If you have noticed some of the previous mentioned symptoms, then you should not doubt to call your local ambulance. Your life is getting at risk. Also there are studies in which is shown that if you have someone in your house when you felt these symptoms and he or she can drive you to the local hospital, then you have increased chances of getting better. You should not risk with your life because in this way you can increase the risk of get lose of your brain.
- Gingko biloba: If you have stroke in your past, then you should use gingko biloba as your natural remedy . Extract from the leaves of this tree can help you to reduce the damages which are caused when you had a stroke.
- Lower your blood pressure: People who have high blood pressure have increased chances of getting strokes. This is one of the biggest causes for this kind of disease no matter if you are men or women. You must constantly check your blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, you should talk with your doctor how to reduce it. We know that salt can increase our blood pressure. If you suffer from high blood pressure, then you should reduce the intake amount of this product. You should not add ice cream, cheese and burgers in your diet because these kinds of foods have high amounts cholesterol. If you smoke, then you should quit it. You should do lot of exercises at least 30 minutes every day. Also you should eat 4 – 5 cups of vegetables and fruit every day. 2 – 3 times per week you should eat fish to keep stroke at bay. 
 Törnbom K, Sunnerhagen KS, Danielsson A. Perceptions of physical activity and walking in an early stage after stroke or acquired brain injury. PLoS One. 2017;12(3):e0173463.
 The Health Site. Recognize symptoms of stroke, provide help in the golden hour! 2014. Retrieved from www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/recognize-symptoms-of-stroke-provide-help-in-the-golden-hour-98453/
 Gan Y, Wu J, Zhang S, et al. Prevalence and risk factors associated with stroke in middle-aged and older Chinese: A community-based cross-sectional study. Scientific Reports. 2017;7.
 Phua CS, Jayaram L, Wijeratne T. Relationship between sleep duration and risk factors for stroke. Frontiers in Neurology. 2017;8:392.
 Samieri C, Féart C, Proust-Lima C, et al. Olive oil consumption, plasma oleic acid, and stroke incidence: The three-city study. Neurology. 2011.
 Seth A, Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Kamensky V, et al. Potassium intake and risk of stroke in hypertensive and non-hypertensive women in the Women’s Health Initiative. Stroke. 2014;45(10):2874-80.
 NHS. Ginko may ‘help boost brain recovery after stroke’ researchers report. 2017. Retrieved from www.nhs.uk/news/neurology/ginko-may-help-boost-brain-recovery-after-stroke-researchers-report/
 Kaiser Permanente. New study finds both components of blood pressure predict heart attack, stroke risk. 2019. Retrieved from www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-07/kp-nsf071519.php.