Natural cures for bloody nose
Bloody nose or also known as nosebleeds is one of the most common conditions which are affecting people all around the world. The medical term for this condition is epistaxes. The inner part of our nose has many tiny blood vessels which are the most sensitive parts of our bodies. When the blood vessels are disturbed, then the blood is flowing from one nostril or both nostrils. In some cases the blood is light and in other cases the blood is heavy. In some cases the blood is lasting just few seconds while in other cases they are lasting more than ten minutes. There are many symptoms which are associated with this condition such as weakness, dizziness, fainting and confusion which are coming together with bleeding. Every single person can be affected by this condition. In most cases adults who are between 50 and 80 and children who are between 2 and 10 years old are affected by this disease. There are many causes for this condition. Dry air is the most common cause for bloody nose. Other causes for nosebleeds are excessive heat, exposure to chemical irritants, an injury to the nose, allergic reactions, taking large doses of aspirin, hard scratching or picking the nose, frequent nose blowing, repeated sneezing, alcohol abuse, high altitudes and excessive smoking. Also there is another group of factors which can lead to bloody nose such as cancer, blood clotting disorders, hormonal changes during a pregnancy, nutritional deficiencies, upper respiratory infection and high blood pressure. This is a frightening condition but you should not be worried about it because there are many home remedies and natural cures which will help you to improve your condition. In some case patients are riding of them in very short time and they do not need any medical help or some natural remedy while in other cases patients should use some natural cures to improve their condition. Here are some home remedies which will help you to win against the bloody nose:
- Cold compress: This is a very effective home remedy if you want to stop the nose bleeding. When you are using a cold compress, then the blood vessels constrict faster which is caused by the cold temperature . This is a reason why your body is slowing down the blood flow. In few minutes you will stop the bleeding. In a thin towel you should wrap some ice cubes. Then, you should sit in upright position. Your head should be back. Then, you should apply the ice pack across the bridge of the nose in a period from five to ten minutes. You should repeat this method if you need it. You should not apply this method directly on your nose.
- Pinch the nose: This is the easiest way in which you can stop the nose bleeding. When you are pinching your nose, then you are sending pressure to the bleeding point in the nasal septum which means that the blood of your nose is stopped at the very first moment. You should sit up straight. Your head should be titled slightly forward. Then, you should use the thumb and index finger to pinch the soft part of your nose which is located below the bony bridge. You should do this method from five to ten minutes. When you are pinching your nose, you should breathe all the time with your mouth. Then, you should release the pressure in a gentle way and then you should do nothing. It means that you must sit 5 minutes in peace. If you have noticed that you blood is still bleeding, then you should repeat this method as long as you need to stop the blood. When you are doing this method you should blow your nose. Also you should not tilt your head back, put your head between your legs and do not lay flat while you are doing this method.
- Cayenne: If you want to stop the nose bleeding, then the cayenne is a very effective remedy for this condition. It is regulating the pressure of the blood flow and also it is acting like a cell stimulant . When you are having a bloody nose, then you have heavy pressure in the hemorrhaging area which means that you cannot have quick coagulation. But when you start using cayenne as your natural remedy, you as reducing the pressure which is leading to quick coagulation. This means that your nose will stop bleeding. In a cup of warm water you should add one teaspoon of cayenne powder. Then, you should drink this mixture. You will notice that your nose bleeding will stop. People who are having frequent nosebleeds should use cayenne capsules 3 times per day. But this is a recommended dose by many doctors which not means that this is the right dose for your condition. You should talk with your doctor about the right intake amount. Also you can add foods which are spiced with cayenne pepper in your diet.
- Apple cider vinegar: If you want to stop the nose bleeding in a very short time, then you should start using apple cider vinegar. It will help you to seal up the broken blood vessel wall and also it will help you to stop the excessive blood loss . You should soak a cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar. Then, you should place the cotton swab in your nostril in lightly way. You should let this cotton to stay on you nostril for ten minutes. You will notice that your bleeding has stopped. Also there is another option which you can use for bloody nose. You can use distilled white vinegar to stop the bleeding from your nose. People who are suffering from frequent bleeding should also use apple cider vinegar. In a glass of warm water you should add two teaspoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You should drink this mixture three times per day.
- Saline water: When there is a winter season, then the dryness inside the nasal membranes is one of the most common causes for this condition. When you are using saline water as your natural remedy, then you are soothing and moisturizing the irritated nasal membranes . In ½ cup of water you should add a pinch of salt. Then, you should stir this mixture. You should put few drops of this mixture in your nose. When you are putting drops of this solution in your nose, then you are moistening the inner lining of your nasal passages. There is saline nasal spray which is sold in markets. You can also add few drops of this product in your nose as your natural treatment. When you are in cold and dry climates during the winter, then you should repeat this home remedy two or three times per day.
- Onion: It will help you to stop the bleeding from your nose because onion is effective clotting agent . The natural fumes of onion will help you to win against the bloody nose. You will need to cut one onion in thick slices. Then, you should put one slice of onion under your nose and you should inhale the fumes. You will notice that bleeding will stop in a very short time. Also there is another option which you can use if you are suffering from bloody nose. You will need freshly extracted onion juice. Then, you should put two or three drops of this kind of juice in both nostrils. You should repeat this home remedy until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Coriander: It is recommended from Ayurveda that you should use coriander as your natural treatment for bloody nose. It has soothing and cooling effects which will help you to stop the bleeding from your nose in very short time. Also this kind of herb has antihistamine properties which mean that will help you to rid of the allergies which are a reason for a nosebleed. In the inner nose lining you should put few drops of fresh coriander juice or coriander oil. You will notice that your bleeding will stop in very few minutes. Also there is another option which you can use if you are suffering from nosebleeds. You should make a paste from this herb and then you should apply it on your forehead. In very short time you will notice that your bleeding has stopped because this herb has cooling effects.
- Nettle: Nettle has astringent properties which are stopping the blood flow and also it is promoting the clotting . If your cause for bloody nose is allergies, then nettle is a very effective remedy for your condition. Also this herb will help you to strengthen the capillaries. You should inhale dry and powdered nettle leaves because it will help you to stop the bleeding. During the winter days you can drink one or two cups of nettle tea per day. Also you can make an extract from nettle leaves and put few drops of this extract in the both nostrils. You will notice that bleeding has stopped in very short time.
These are some of the steps to take to prevent bloody nose.
 Teymoortash A, Sesterhenn A, Kress R, et al. Efficacy of ice packs in the management of epistaxis. Clinical Otolaryngology and Allied Sciences. 2003;28(6):545-7.
 Chauhan M. Blood circulation stimulation properties of cayenne pepper:A review. IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR-JAC). 2018;11(5):78-83.
 Beheshti Z, Chan YH, Nia HS, et al. Influence of apple cider vinegar on blood lipids. Life Science Journal. 2012;9(4):2431-2440.
 Scheelbeek PFD, Chowdhury MAH, Haines A, et al. Drinking water salinity and raised blood pressure: Evidence from a cohort study in coastal Bangladesh. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2017;125(5):057007.
 Ali M, Bordia T, Mustafa T. Effect of raw versus boiled aqueous extract of garlic and onion on platelet aggregation. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 1999;60(1):43-7.
 Bouassida KZ, Bardaa S, Khimiri M, et al. Exploring the Urtica dioica leaves hemostatic and wound-healing potential. BioMed Research International. 2017;2017:1047523.