Diabetes mellitus or Diabetes has become a very big health problem. Diabetes has two main types. The first type is the body does not produce insulin and the second type of diabetes is the body does not produce enough insulin or is not work properly. Some of the symptoms of diabetes, like weight loss (even if you are eating more food), excessive thirst, and increased urination, include fatigue, bruises, cuts, and blurred vision. There is no cure for diabetes; you can live a normal life under the control of blood sugar. You can control your blood sugar with various natural remedies.
13 Diabetes – Home Remedies and Natural cures
- Mango leaves and the delicate can be used to treat diabetes by taking it as regular insulin inside the blood, they can help improve blood lipid profiles. 
- You can soak 15-20 mango leaves in a glass or bottle of water over one night, after that, filter the water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- You can also dry the leaves, grind them, and eat one or one-half teaspoons of mango leaves two times a day.
- Bitter gourd or also known as bitter melon. It is also helpful for controlling diabetes due to it is blood glucose lowering effects. Bitter gourd is helping your glucose metabolism all over your body. It helps well than any tissue or organ. 
- Bitter gourd also helps increase pancreatic insulin secretion. It prevents insulin resistance. Bitter gourd is also helping with diabetes 1 and diabetes 2. But this plant cannot be used for insulin treatment replacement.
- If you want to make some mixture from bitter gourd, we will give you here the next mix. You should drink bitter gourd juice when your stomach is empty. Firstly, you should remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds, and secondly, you should use a juicer to extract the juice. After you have extracted the juice, you should add some water to the mixture and then drink it. If you want to have better results, you should make this mix every morning on an empty stomach. You should drink this juice for at least two months.
- Another solution is to include one dish made of bitter gourd daily in your diet.
- If you have diabetes, then you should use cinnamon. Cinnamon has the ability to lower blood sugar levels. This is happening because cinnamon stimulates insulin activity. Cinnamon has bioactive components. These bioactive components prevent diabetes and also fight against diabetes.
- In many cases, cinnamon has been shown that it is good for winning diabetes. Because cinnamon can lower the blood sugar levels in your organism, it is one of the best cures for diabetes type 2. [3,4]
- Cinnamon should not be taken in excess. We use Cassia cinnamon which is found in most grocery stores. This type of cinnamon contains a compound called coumarin. This is a toxic compound. It can increase the level of liver damage.
- There is also another type of this Cinnamon. It is called Ceylon cinnamon. This Ceylon cinnamon is known as true cinnamon. This kind of cinnamon is more safety because effects on blood glucose levels.
- If you want to make a mixture from cinnamon, we will give you the next mixture. In a cup of warm water, mix one-half to one teaspoon of cinnamon. You should drink this mix daily.
- There is also another cure for cinnamon. You should boil two four cinnamon stacks in one cap of water. You should allow it to steep for 20 minutes. If you want to have better results, you should drink this mixture daily. Until you have improvements, you should drink it.
- Also, you can add cinnamon to smoothies, baked goods, and warm beverages.
Indian Black Berry or Black Plum (Jambul)
- Black plum is also known as Jambul. Another name for black plum is Jamun. This plant can help to control blood sugar levels. Jambul contains ellagic acid, hydrolyzable tannins, anthocyanins, etc. 
- Each part of Jambul can be used, such as seeds, leaves, and berries, for those who are suffering from diabetes. Many studies have shown that the seeds and fruits of this plant have hypoglycemic effects as they help reduce urine and blood sugar levels rapidly.
- The seeds contain alkaloid jambosine and glycoside jamboline.
- When this seasonal fruit is available in the markets, try to include it in your diet. It can have many good effects on your pancreas. If you do not want to eat fresh Indian blackberries, then you can make a powder of this fruit. You should eat this powder with water twice a day. This is native Indian fruit. You can also find this fruit in Asian markets and herbal shops.
- Fenugreek is an herb that is used to control diabetes. Also, fenugreek is used to lower blood sugar levels and improve glucose tolerance. Fenugreek has hypoglycaemic activity. Fenugreek stimulates the secretion of glucose-dependent insulin. It is high in fiber. This activity can slow down the absorption of carbohydrates and sugars. 
- You should soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight. You should also drink water with fenugreek seeds in the morning on an empty stomach. If you drink this solution constantly for a few months, you will improve your glucose level.
- If you do not want to follow the solution we gave you before, then you should eat two tablespoons of powdered fenugreek seeds and drink it daily with milk.
- Indian Gooseberry is also known as Amla. This herb is rich in Vitamin C. Indian gooseberry juice improves the proper function of your pancreas. 
- To make a mixture of Indian gooseberry, you will need two to three gooseberries. You should remove the seeds from the Indian gooseberry and grind them into a fine paste. After you have made this paste, you should put the paste in a cloth. Then, squeeze out the juice. You should mix two tablespoons of the juice with one cup of water. Drink this mixture daily on an empty stomach.
- Another solution is to mix one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice with one cup of bitter gourd. You should drink it daily for a few months.
- The Aloe Vera gel helps lower fasting blood glucose levels. This Aloe Vera gel contains phytosterols. These phytosterols are having anti-hyperglycemic effects for type 2 diabetes. 
- The combination of turmeric, bay leaves, and Aloe Vera gel is helpful for controlling blood sugar levels.
- If you want to make a medicine from turmeric, bay leaves, and Aloe Vera gel, then in the next bullet, we will give you the mixture.
- You should mix one tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and one-half spoon of turmeric, and one-half spoon of bay leaves.
- You should drink this mixture twice per day, before lunch and dinner.
- Curry leaves contain anti-diabetic properties. They are useful in controlling and preventing diabetes. Many cases have shown that curry leaves contain an ingredient that reduces the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetics. 
- If you want to use this plant in your fight against diabetes, you should simply chew ten fresh curry leaves daily in the morning. If you want to have better results, then you should follow this treatment for three to four months. It also helps with obesity and high cholesterol levels.
- Okra is also called ladies finger. This plant contains polyphenolic molecules that can help you to reduce your blood sugar levels and to control diabetes. 
- Okra seed and peel powder have antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic potential.
- If you want to make a mixture of this plant, then you should cut off the ends of a few okras. Then, you should prick them in several places using a fork. You should soak the okras in a glass of water and let to stay one night. When you get up, you should discard the okras. Then, you should drink this water on an empty stomach. You should do this daily for several weeks.
- Also, you can include okra in your diet.
- Guava has Vitamin C and high fiber content. If you eat guava, it will help you to control your blood sugar levels. 
- If you are diabetic, then you should not eat the skin of guava. You should peel the skin first, and then you should eat it.
- If you use honey in your daily meals, then this could be very helpful for your diabetes. Honey is especially helping people which are having type 1 diabetes. The use of honey increases beta cell regeneration because it increases C-peptide levels. 
- Many studies have shown that corn silk reduces blood sugar. Also, corn silk stimulates beta cell regeneration in type 1 diabetic rats. 
- Studies have shown that chard extract, which is given to diabetic rats, stimulates the recovery of injured beta cells. 
 Kulkarni VM, Rathod VK. Exploring the potential of Mangifera indica leaves extract versus mangiferin for therapeutic application. Agriculture and Natural Resources. 2018;52(2):155-61.
 Krawinkel MB, Ludwig C, Swai ME, et al. Bitter gourd reduces elevated fasting plasma glucose levels in an intervention study among prediabetics in Tanzania. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2018;216:1-7.
 Khan A, Safdar M, Khan MMA, et al. Cinnamon improves glucose and lipids of people with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2003;26(12):3215-8.
 Allen RW, Schwartzman E, Baker WL, et al. Cinnamon use in type 2 diabetes: An updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Annals of Family Medicine. 2013;11(5):452-9.
 Baliga MS, Fernandes S, Thilakchand KR, et al. Scientific validation of the antidiabetic effects of Syzygium jambolanum DC (black plum), a traditional medicinal plant of India. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2013;19(3):191-7.
 Hasan M, Rahman M. Effect of fenugreek on Type2 diabetic patients. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2016;6(1):251-5.
 Gopa B, Bhatt J, Hemavathi KG. A comparative clinical study of hypolipidemic efficacy of Amla (Emblica officinalis) with 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme-A reductase inhibitor simvastatin. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. 2012;44(2):238-42.
 Grundmann O. Aloe vera gel research review. Natural Medicine Journal. 2012;4(9).
 Glendinning L. Curry leaves may help control diabetes, scientists say. The Guardian. 2004. Retrieved from theguardian.com/science/2004/sep/30/medicineandhealth.health
 Dubey P, Mishra S. A review on: Diabetes and okra (Abelmoschus esculentus). Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies. 2017;5(3):23-6.
 Kumari S, Rakavi R, Mangaraj M. Effect of guava in blood glucose and lipid profile in healthy human subjects: A randomized controlled study. Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research. 2016;10(9):BC04-07.
 Enginyurt O, Cakir L, Karatas A, et al. The role of pure honey in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Biomedical Research. 2017;28(7).
 Guo J, Liu T, Liu Y. The effects of corn silk on glycaemic metabolism. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2009;6:47.
 Ozlem OS, Omur KB, Sehnaz B, et al. Effects of chard (Beta vulgaris L. var cicla) on the liver of the diabetic rats: A morphological and biochemical study. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry. 2004;68(8):1640-8.