There are many cases when your hearing is becoming muffled and you have blocked ear. But in many cases this is not a real problem with your ears. This is a condition when your ears are blocked. In the most cases the biggest cause for blocked ears is the cold. This annoying feeling should be treated as early as you are feeling it because if you let it untreated, then you are risking the health of your ears. This condition is attacking people from all ages, but in the most cases when children have colds, then the risk of getting blocked ear is increased. There are many natural remedies which you can try to use if you are suffering from blocked ears.
Home Remedies for blocked ear
Olive oil: When people are suffering from blocked ears, then they have wax which is in large amounts inside of the ears. In this case those people can use olive oil as their natural remedy for blocked ear. The wax can be easily softened if you are using olive oil as your natural treatment . In this case you can easily remove the wax from your ears. You should warm small amount of olive oil. You will need to use a dropper if you want to apply this remedy. Put a few drops of the lukewarm olive oil taken with the dropper inside of your ears. You should let this lukewarm olive oil to stay in your ears for 10 minutes. This remedy will soft your earwax. You should keep your head in the sideways. Then, you should use ear buds to remove the earwax and the olive oil from your ears. But you should be careful when you are doing this process because ears are very delicate organs which can be hurt easily. If you do not want to use olive oil as your natural remedy, then you can use mineral oil and baby oil.
- Valsalva Maneuver: This is very effective home remedy to get rid of the blocked ear. It will help you a lot to reduce the pain and stiffness which are caused by this condition. Your mouth should be closed. You should close your nostrils with your fingers. When you have done these steps, then you should take a breath (the breath that you have taken should be a deep breath). Then, you should blow the air out of your nose. With this step you will regulate the air pressure. When people are suffering from blocked ear, then their Eustachian tubes are not opening. When this is happening, then the pressure between the atmosphere which is outside of your ears and the pressure which is in your middle ear is not equalized. You should use Valsalva Maneuver because this remedy will help you to open your Eustachian tubes again. When you doing this therapy, you should be careful how much you are blowing your nose because if you are blowing it too much, then you are risking your ears to have damaged ear drums. There are many techniques in which you can use this remedy. But you should consult with your doctor about any side effect.
- Alcohol and apple cider vinegar: This is very powerful combination which is destroying bacteria which are reason for serious infections in the ears. Make a mixture from these two components. You will need equal amounts of the both remedies. You should lie down on one side of your head. You should use dropper to put few drops in your ears. When you are in this situation, you should place a cotton ball on your ear because otherwise this mixture can be easily spilled out. You should leave this mixture in your ears for ten minutes. After this period has passed, you should use ear bud to remove the earwax. If the both ears are blocked, then you should do this process with the two ears.
- Warm compress: When your blocked ears are caused by sinus congestion or cold, then the perfect natural remedy for your condition is the warm compress. When you are using this natural remedy as your treatment, then your pain will be reduced, your ears will be unblocked and also the congestion from the sinuses will be lost . In warm water you should soak a washcloth. Then, the excess water from the washcloth should be wringed out of it. Let this remedy to stay in your ears for 5 – 10 minutes. When you are using this remedy, your pain will be reduced. Also the drainage of the fluid will be promoted. In a thin towel you should wrap bottle with hot water. Let this bottle to stay at your ears for 5 – 10 minutes. This will help you a lot to reduce the pain and also your ears will be open.
- Steam: When you have blocked ears which are caused by colds, then you should inhibit steam. It will help you a lot in the treatment for the blocked ear. This remedy will help you to relief the blocked ear because it is helping to thin and lose the mucus . Also the earwax which is cause for this condition will be lost. In a large bowl you should pour hot steaming water. Then, you should add in this water few drops of the lavender essential oil. When you have done these steps, you should cover your head with towel. When your head is covered with a towel, you should inhale the steam because it will help you a lot to in the opening of your ears. Also when you are suffering from blocked ear, you should have a hot shower for ten minutes. It will help you a lot in the treatment of blocked ear.
- Hydrogen peroxide: When your ears are blocked and the main reason of this blocking is the earwax, then the perfect natural remedy for your condition is hydrogen peroxide. You should use 3% hydrogen peroxide. You should use dropper to apply this remedy. Put these drops in the blocked ear. In a few minutes you will have fizzing feeling. You should let this remedy to stay in your ear for 10 minutes or until you are not feeling fizzing. When this period has passed, you should tilt your head because in this way the earwax and the hydrogen peroxide will be out. You should not use this remedy a lot because you are risking your ears from damaging. 
- Warm water: When you are suffering from blocked ear, then you should flush your ears with this home remedy. It is effective home remedy for treating the blocked ear. You should put in cup warm water. Then, you should fill an ear syringe with this water. You should tilt your head on one side (or in the both sides if you have two blocked ear). Your ear lobe should be down because in this way your ear canal will be open. In the ear opening you should put the warm water with the ear syringe. You should do this in gentle way because if you are not watching how you are doing this step, you can easily have serious problems with your ears. Wax will be released because water has done its job. You should let the water to stay in your ear for ten minutes. After this period has passed, you should tilt your head to the other side because in this way the earwax and the water will go out from the ear.
- Yawning: This is very effective natural remedy for treating the blocked ear. When you are doing this method the muscles which opening the Eustachian tubes are active again and also the air pressure which you have in your ears is decreased when you are yawning. You should open your mouth and then you should yawn until you are feeling that you have pop inside of your ears. When you have yawn the first time and you are not feeling better results, then you should repeat this method until you are feeling better results.
- Chewing gum: When you are feeling sudden pressure in your ears which in the most cases is compared with the pressure that you are feeling when you are landing from an airplane, then you should use chewing gum . Your ears will be open. The excess pressure in your ears will be relieved and also the Eustachian tubes will be open.
- Gargle: When you are gargling with hot salt water, then you are helping to your ears to be unblocked and also if the main cause for this situation is the nasal congestion, then you are easing this cause. In a glass of warm water you should mix one teaspoon of salt water. You should gargle with this mix fifteen to thirty seconds and then spit this mix out of your mouth. You should repeat this step until the moment when you have feeling that your ears are unblocked. If these home remedies are not helping to improve your condition, then you must talk with your doctor.
- Nasal spray: Nasal spray is also effective natural remedy for your condition. When you are using nasal spray, you are clearing your sinuses which are reason for the blocked ear.
- Garlic oil: This is also very effective natural remedy for blocked ear. You will need two garlic cloves. Mash them with a spoon or knife. In a saucepan you should heat two spoons of olive oil and add the garlic which you have previously smashed. You should make this mix like lukewarm water. Then, you should lie down on one side and put this mixture in your blocked ear. You should live this natural remedy to stay in your ears from forty-five seconds to one minute. Then, you should drain this kind of oil out of your ears. You will have better results and you will feel relief from the pain due to blocked ears.
 Aaron K, Cooper TE, Warner L, Burton MJ. Ear drops for the removal of ear wax. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2018;7:CD012171.
 Cai P, Li L, Hong H, et al. A Chinese medicine warm compress (Wen Jing Zhi Tong Fang), combined with WHO 3-step analgesic ladder treatment for cancer pain relief: A comparative randomized trial. Medicine. 2018;97(11).
 Nanda MS. Efficacy of steam inhalation with inhalant capsules in patients with common cold in a rural set up. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 2015;14(1):37-41.
 Gal K. How does hydrogen peroxide remove ear wax? Medical News Today. 2018.
 Beaman CP, Powell K, Rapley E. Want to block earworms from conscious awareness?
B(u)y gum! The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology. 2015;68(6):1049-57.