Amla juice has many health benefits such as promote growth and development, stimulate the immune system, treat respiratory infections, prevent chronic disease, optimize digestion, lower cholesterol levels and minimize the signs of aging. In the Indian culture the habit of drinking amla juice is cherished with hundreds of years. These health benefits of the amla juice have been spread to the rest of the world in the recent years. This juice is derived from the amla berry. Also this berry is known as Indian gooseberry. The scientific name of the amla is Phyllanthus Emblica. This tree bears the amla berries. They are pale green and semi – transparent. The amla has been used in the medicinal and culinary applications for many years. The taste of the amla berry is quite bitter and this is a reason why its use as juice is not readily apparent. Amla juice has antioxidants and nutrients which are increasing the popularity of this juice. Amla juice can help to strengthen the digestive system but when you take it in excess, it can cause constipation. Amla juice has diuretic property which is very good for detoxifying your body but this can lead do dehydration which will show itself on the skin. You need to drink enough water in conjunction with amla juice. Some people are allergic to amla and they can experience vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, stomach upset or swelling of the throat, tongue or lips. If you have noticed that these symptoms appear, then you should stop using it. Amla juice can lower you blood pressure so it can be dangerous if you combine it with blood pressure medication. talk with your doctor before you add amla juice in your diet.
Health benefits of amla juice
- Growth and development: Vitamin C is very important factor for the production of collagen which contributes to repair and growth all over your body in which is also included the appearance of your skin.
- Diabetes: Amla juice has the ability to regulate blood glucose levels when it is consumed in reasonable quantities. This can help diabetic patients control their blood sugar levels and also it can prevent dangerous spikes and drops which can give a boost to your energy levels.
- Cancer prevention: Amla juice has gallic acid, ellagic acid and other flavonoids which can prevent and treat some types of cancer. The antioxidant levels in the amla juice are off the charts. This means that they can reduce free radical activity throughout your body which is good choice for you if you are trying to lower your risk of cancer.
- Heart health: There are many studies which were done on amla juice and it has been shown its potential role in lowering blood pressure. It has potassium which can reduce the tension in arteries and blood vessels and also it will prevent the symptoms of strokes, heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
- Digestion: Amla juice has fiber which can help to boost your digestive health. When you drink too much amla juice, it can cause you constipation. When you drink a moderate amount of amla juice, then it can stimulate normal bowel movements and it can cut down on gastric inflammation.
- Respiratory health: There are many studies in which is proven that the amla juice was consumed throughout the history to improve the respiratory health because it can soothe the inflammation and also it can address underlying infections which you have in your respiratory tract.
- Cholesterol levels: When you consume amla juice at regular basis, then it can lower your cholesterol levels. Nowadays, this juice is being incorporated into more treatment strategies due to its high levels of antioxidants.
- Immune system: This juice is rich in Vitamin C which can boost your immune system and also this vitamin can increase the production of white blood cells in your body.
- Anti – aging: The amla juice has more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable. This means it can prevent the signs of aging and also it can improve the appearance of your skin. Antioxidants in amla juice eliminate free radicals and they prevent cellular mutation in which are also included those who can cause loose skin.