Wounds home remedy
You have a minor wound when your skin is punctured, cut or torn. These included pressure sores, minor burns, lacerations, puncture wounds, incisions, scrapes and cuts. The most common types of these injuries are injuries and accidents. There are some risk factors that can increase your risk of getting wounds such as excessive smoking, diabetes, chemotherapy, radiation, steroid use, illness and age. Wounds are accompanied with some symptoms such as tenderness, pain, pus, inflammation, swelling, redness and bleeding. You need to care about any kind of wound if you do not want to get infection. You can heal the minor wounds in your home with natural wounds home remedy. But if you have infected, deep or serious wound, then you must have a medical help. If there is a swelling or bruising, then you should apply ice because this will help you to reduce the pain.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the best natural cures for minor wounds because it has antimicrobial and antibiotic properties. It can promote healing, reduce pain and stop bleeding. Also this vegetable will boost your immune system which can increase your defense line against infections. If you have a wound that is bleeding, then you should clean the wound with water. Then, you should crush some garlic cloves and apply them on the wounds. You will notice that the bleeding and pain will stop immediately. You should crush a few garlic cloves and make them in a paste. You should spread this wounds home remedy paste on a piece of sterile gauze if you want to have effective healing of your wounds. You should put the gauze over your wound and you should wrap a sterile bandage around the gauze. You should let this remedy to stay on your wounds in a period of twenty minutes. Then, you should rinse this area with warm water. You should repeat this wounds home remedy treatment two times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition. This means that your wound will heal completely.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the most used natural remedies for treating the wounds dates with many years. This plant has soothing, anti – inflammatory and analgesic properties. Aloe Vera gel phytochemicals which can promote healing, increase the moisture content in the skin, reduce inflammation and ease pain. There are some doubts in the healing potential of Aloe Vera. There are some studies in which is shown this plant can delay healing in surgical wounds. You should cut open an Aloe Vera leaf and then you need to extract the gel from it. You should apply this gel on your wounds. You should let this gel dry on its own. You should clean these areas with warm water. Pat dry these areas with soft towel. You should repeat this wounds home remedy treatment several times per day until you have noticed that the wound is completely healed.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can be used to heal minor wounds and prevent infection because it has antibiotic and antiseptic properties. There are some studies in which is shown that the curcumin which is component of the turmeric can help you in the wound healing because it can decrease the oxygen species and modulate the collagen. If there is bleeding from your wounds, then you should apply some turmeric powder directly on your wound. You will notice that the bleeding will stop immediately. You can make a paste from ½ tablespoon of turmeric in enough amount of flaxseed oil (which is also known as linseed oil) if you want to have optimal healing. You should apply this paste on your wounds two to three times per day to prevent infection and reduce pain. In a glass of hot milk you can add one teaspoon of turmeric powder. You should drink this wounds home remedy mixture every day in a period of few days before you go to bed.
- Indian lilac: Neem or Indian lilac is rich with essential fatty acids that promote wound healing, maintain skin elasticity and build collagen. Also this herb has anti – inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tablespoon of neem leaves juice and make a powder of it. You should apply this paste on your wounds. Let this paste to stay on your wounds for several hours. Then, you should rinse this paste with warm water. You should reapply this wounds home remedy treatment again. Repeat this treatment for several days. Also you can make another mixture from equal amounts of hartaki (Chebulic myrobalan), turmeric and neem leaves with a small amount of lime juice. Apply this mixture to your wounds. Let this wounds home remedy to dry on your wounds. You should do this treatment two to three times per day.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has healing, moisturizing, anti – inflammatory and antibacterial properties that are making it one of the best natural remedies for wound healing. The effects of this natural remedy are proven in many studies. This oil can prevent scarring and it can keep infections at bay. You should apply extra virgin coconut oil on the areas where you have wounds. You should put a bandage over this area because you need to seal in the moisture. You should apply this remedy again and you need to change the bandage two to three times per day. If you want to prevent the scarring, then you should repeat this wounds home remedy treatment in a period of several days.
- Clean the wound: If you ensure optimal healing, then you need to clean your wounds in proper way. You should clean the minor wounds with running water. You should wash the wounded area with a mild soap and cool water under moderate pressure in a period of ten to fifteen minutes. You can use distilled or boiled and cooled water if you do not have filtered water. This will help you to remove the bacteria, debris and dirt. The cool water will help you to lessen the pain that you feel. Use a clean towel to gently pat dry the wounded areas. Then, you should cover these areas with a bandage or a sterile dressing.
- Raw potato: If you have minor wounds, then you can use raw potato as your natural treatment. This natural cure will help you to moisturize the wounded areas and also it can help you to get a quick healing. You should grate one to two raw potatoes and spread these potatoes on a clean cloth. You should place the poultice on the wounded areas. You should let this remedy to stay on your wounds in a period of four to five hours. Then, you should remove this poultice. Clean these areas with warm water. You should reapply this wounds home remedy. You should do this remedy every day until you see improvements in your condition.
- Calendula: Calendula is also effective natural remedy for the healing process of minor wounds. This herb has mild antimicrobial and anti – inflammatory properties which can help you to reduce the pain and inflammation and also this will help you to have faster healing. You need to extract the juice from a few fresh crushed calendula flowers. You should apply this juice on your wounds. Repeat this wounds home remedy treatment two to three times per day. In many health food stores you can buy calendula salves and you should apply this wounds home remedy directly on your wounds.
- Plantain: The plantain herb has anti – inflammatory and antibacterial properties which can help you in the healing process of the minor wounds. Also it can help you to reduce the pain and itching associated with the wounds. You will need to pound a few fresh plantain leaves into a paste and then you should apply it on your wounds. You should allow this wounds home remedy paste to dry. Then, you should rinse those areas with warm water. You should do this wounds home remedy treatment several times per day until you have noticed that your condition is improved.
- Eat healthy: There are several minerals and vitamins that can help you to have effective healing process for many types of wounds. If you want to promote new cell growth, then you should eat foods that are rich with Vitamin A such as tomatoes, apricots, pumpkin, cantaloupe and carrots. If you want to help your body make new skin tissue and collagen, then you should eat foods that are rich with Vitamin C such as peppers, oranges, kiwi, grapefruits and broccoli. If you want to promote the healing, then you should eat foods that are rich with Vitamin E such as spinach, almonds, hazelnuts and wheat germ. If you want to stimulate the wound healing, then you should eat foods that are rich with zinc such as seeds, nuts and whole grains. If you want to aid in skin health and wound healing, then you should eat foods that are rich with B-complex vitamins such as fish, legumes, spinach and cheese as wounds home remedy.