Natural cures for stress
Most people feel stress in one time or another . When our body has some demand for change, then the stress is not specific response of our body to these changes. There are many parts in our life which can lead to stress such as money problems, work and relationship. When we have some traumas in our life, then this situation can often lead to stress. When we are under stress, then we can feel many physical effects such as chest pain, muscle tension or pain, frequent urination, headaches, upset stomach, difficulty sleeping and fatigue. Also when we under stress we can feel direct effects on our mood and behavior such as depression, lack of motivation, anxiety, irritability, restlessness, sadness, social withdrawal and unnecessary anger. This kind of problem can be chronic or acute. When we are constantly under stress, then we can feel many other problems with our health such as depression, anxiety, obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease. Also we cannot feel any kind of happiness in our life. Every person has stress in some period of its life. But also there are many ways on which we can beat it. You can use home remedies to improve your condition. Also you should make changes in your lifestyle, changes in your diet and to have a positive outlook on life. Here are some home remedies which can help you to improve your condition:
- Slow and deep breathing: When you are in a stressful situation, then you should use this method because it can help you to cool off. When you take a deep breath, then you have increased oxygen levels in your body which can help you to relax your mind and body. You should take a deep breath every day from fifteen to thirty minutes because in this was your body will reduce the stress. In this way you can deal with the stress more easily and also you can think more clearly. When you feel that you are in a stressful situation, then you should lie down or sit in comfortable and quiet place. Then, you should close your eyes. Then, you should take a deep breath through your nose and count to five. You should hold your breath until you count 5 and then you should exhale the breath and count to five. You should repeat this process five or six times until you feel relaxed and calm down.
- Passionflower: If you are under stress, then you should use passionflower which is folk remedy reducing the stress. When you use it as your remedy, then the GABA levels in your brain are increased. This means that passionflower can help you to reduce panic attacks, stress and anxiety. In a cup of hot water you should add one tablespoon of dried herb. Then, you should cover it and let it steep for ten minutes. You should strain it. You should drink this tea when still is warm. This herb can be found in a tablet, liquid extract or tincture form. You should talk with your doctor before you start using this remedy.
- Epsom salt: When you are under stress you can use Epsom salt as your natural remedy. This kind of salt can increase the adrenaline levels in your body and also it can improve the stress levels in your body because when you are under stress the magnesium levels in your body are decreased. Magnesium is element of the Epsom salt which can improve your mood. This can help you to reduce insomnia, anxiety, abnormal heart rhythms, irritability and to promote relaxation. In your warm bathwater you should add few drops of an aromatic essential oil and one cup of Epsom salt. You should stir this remedy thoroughly until you have noticed that the granules from this salt are dissolved in the water. Then, you should soak your body in this mixture for twenty minutes. You should practice this kind of bath from two to three times per week.
- Chamomile tea: If you are under stress, then you should use chamomile tea. It has soothing and calming properties which affect as sedative on your central nervous system. It can help you to have better sleep. Also you will be less anxious because your muscles will be relaxed. You should drink four cups of chamomile tea per day if you are under stress. In a cup of hot water you should add two teaspoons of dried chamomile. Then, you should cover this tea. Let it steep for ten minutes. Then, you should strain it. You can add raw honey if you want to have sweeter taste. Then, you should drink the chamomile tea. In the warm bathwater you should add few drops of chamomile essential oil or fresh chamomile flowers. It can help you to improve your condition because it can soothe your stress. Also you can use chamomile in supplement form. You should talk with your doctor about the recommended dose of this herb. He or she will tell you which the best way to consume it is.
- Massage: When we are under stress, then we should massage ourselves because it can help us to get rid of the stress. When we use massage, then we open the blocked energy channels which can help us to reduce the stress and to improve our health. This statement is said according to the Chinese medicine. When you massage your body with warm oil no matter if it is your hands, feet, head and back, then you can fight against the anxiety because you can improve the circulation in your body. If you want to have a relaxing massage, then you should use coconut, sesame or olive oil. You can choose some of the mentioned oils and then you should slightly warm it. You should use this kind of oil for massage of your neck, shoulders, forehead, bottom of your feet and back. Then, you should have a warm bath. You should massage your body every day because this will help you to reduce the stress.
- Ashwagandha: This kind of herb is known as Withania somnifera or Indian ginseng. This herb can help you a lot if you are under stress. There was one study in which was shown that this herb (the root from it) can reduce your stress and anxiety (in the most cases this is helpful if you are an adult) because it can lower the levels of cortisol which is stress hormone. Also when use Ashwagandha root as your natural remedy, then you can improve the resistance to stress which can help you to have better life. Also this herb can boost your energy, improve the quality of sleep, fights fatigue and strengthens your nervous system. In the market you can find this herb in fresh root form, dried root form, supplement or powdered form. The recommended daily intake amount is one to two grams of dried or fresh Ashwagandha root boiled in one cup of milk or water. You should drink this mixture three times per day. If you have decided to use this herb as your natural treatment for your stress, then you should firstly consult with your doctor. If you are pregnant or you have children who are under stress, then you should not use/not give them this herb as their natural remedy.
- Holy basil: It has natural anti – stress properties which can help you a lot if you suffer from stress. Also this herb is adaptogenic herb which can enhance the response of our body to emotional and physical stress. Also when you use this remedy as your natural treatment, then you can help your body to function normally in the stressful situations. There was one study in which was shown that this herb can fight against the chronic stress. If you are under stress, then you should chew ten to twelve fresh holy basil leaves twice per day. Also if you do not like to chew fresh holy basil leaves, then you can make a tea from it. In a cup of boiling water you should add one tablespoon of fresh basil leaves. Then, you should cover this tea. Let it steep for five minutes. Then, you should strain it. You can add small amount of raw honey in this tea and then you should drink it.
- Green tea: If you are under stress, then the green tea is the perfect natural remedy for your condition. It has L – Theanine which is in amino acid. This kind of amino acid promotes the production of the alpha brain waves which can improve mental alertness and focus, encourage relaxation and reduce stress. Also this element has a vital role in the development of GABA (gamma – aminobutyric acid) which is a neurotransmitter that can promote relaxation in our body. In a cup of hot water you should add two teaspoons of green tea leaves. Then, you should cover the tea. Let it steep for five minutes. You should strain it and then you should add raw honey and fresh lemon juice. You should drink two to three glasses of green tea per day.