You can have an appetizer that is light and lower in carbs but rich in flavor.
This recipe is hearty thanks to the protein from the egg whites and the fiber from all those vegetables. Cheese is the favorite part of this recipe for many people. You can prepare this recipe at night and serve it cold, or you can whip it up fresh in the morning and serve it warm. They will be fantastic in both ways.
- 6 Whole eggs
- 6 Egg whites
- 1½ cup Mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- ½ cup Cottage cheese (fat-free)
- 1½ cup Asparagus (ends trimmed and chopped into ½ - inch pieces)
- 1 cup Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup Leeks (Bulb, and lower leaf, chopped)
- For: 12 servings
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and then generously coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic, mushrooms, leeks, and chopped asparagus in a skillet until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant for about 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat together 1 cup of mozzarella or feta, spices, cottage cheese, egg whites, and whole eggs until frothy.
- Lightly coat cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray and divide sautéed vegetables between cups.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, dividing evenly between cups.
- Sprinkle quiche tops with the remaining half cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until you get golden brown color.
- You can enjoy this recipe warm or store it in the fridge to serve later.
- Per serving
- Energy: 66 kcal / 276 kJ
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbs: 3 g