The dark chocolate is a health peril but it is nourishing and wholesome for the body. There are some studies in which are said that dark chocolate can boost the human health and it can give many health benefits. This type of chocolate is rich with many health benefits. They are medically known as flavonoids which are traditional curative remedies for treating many body ailments and offering many health benefits from it. It is healthy to eat a piece of dark chocolate. There are many food scientists who are saying that this chocolate has all of the necessary compounds and minerals which can help to prevent major chronic conditions and disorders. These beneficial compounds are present in the both processed and raw state of the dark chocolate and they are called flavonoids.
Health benefits of dark chocolate
- Endorphins: This type of chocolate can help in enhancing the production of endorphins and this can result in the generation of feelings of pleasure in people.
- Antioxidants: There are some studies in which are said that the dark chocolate has antioxidants which can help in the fight against the premature aging. These antioxidants can also help in the fight against some heart diseases.
- Improves heart health: If you take even a small amount of dark chocolate, it can boost your vascular health. This chocolate has a lot of antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Cures depression: It is known fact that the dark chocolate has serotonin which is acting as an effective anti – depressant. It has serotonin which has identical qualities of anti – depressants. Also the dark chocolate has another component which is known as theobromine. This element is structurally quite similar to caffeine. When this component is consumed in larger amounts, then it can cause a dip in the blood pressure, excitability and it will give you energy. This energy can be followed by a crash which can lead to some critics to tout chocolates as dangerous and addictive substances.
Dark chocolate benefits & uses
- Rich in antioxidants: This type of chocolate is potent antioxidants. There are some studies which were done in Italy and in them was suggested that these antioxidants can neutralize free radicals and other dangerous molecules which can be potential health hazards, causing diseases like heart disease, premature aging and cancer.
- Treats anemia: Dark chocolate has flavonoid compounds which are very useful for the treatment of anemia in patients as well as those having poor dietary habits.
- Boosts immunity: There are 2 kinds of flavonoids which are present in the dark chocolate and they are known as Epicatechins and Catechins. Dark chocolate is rich in Catechins which can boost the immune system of your body and it can prevent major chronic ailments.
- Lowes cholesterol levels: There are some studies in which are said that the dark chocolate can help to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body, up to 10 – 20%.
- Improves blood circulation: When you eat dark chocolate, then it can relax your body and it can make your blood vessels more flexible. Also this type of chocolate can boost the functioning of the endothelial cells that line the blood cells. This chocolate can help to decrease the risk of developing innumerable cardiovascular diseases.
- Eliminates stress: When you eat a delicious piece of dark chocolate, then it can help to reduce stress levels. Also it is working by stimulating the production of endorphins which can give a rise to happy feeling. The dark chocolate has stimulants such as caffeine and theobromine which are major stimulants.
- Reduces blood pressure: This chocolate is rich in minerals like copper and magnesium. The mentioned minerals can aid in the regulation of the blood pressure and this can help to maintain proper heartbeat levels.
- Aid against diabetes: People who want to prevent diabetes, then you should eat low – sugar, dark chocolate. It has been shown that dark chocolate to bolster endothelial function and insulin resistance. It is known fact that the endothelial is very important for the maintenance of the arterial health.