This is another great vegetarian option. You will get complex carbohydrates from chickpeas, protein, and enough healthy fats from the added seeds to balance out your macros.
You can easily eat these burgers on your own or serve them with your favorite dish for a complete meal.
- 2 cups Chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 cups Wild rice (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons Oats (Plain, instant)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (whole, diced)
- ½ Red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Carrot (whole, shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Walnut (in pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed (grounded)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Barbecue sauce (low-sugar)
- For: 4 Servings
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Preheating your oven to 150°C (300 ° F)
- Toast in the sunflower seeds and walnuts for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the chickpeas and hot rice using a masher until a thick paste is formed.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Form into patties and grill for about 4 – 5 minutes per side or until it is slightly browned and firm.
- Brush it with a little extra barbecue sauce for added flavor pathway through cooking, and serve it immediately.
- Per serving
- Energy: 315 kcal / 1317 kJ
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Carbs: 48 g