- Courses: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisines: Oven, Pan fry
- Season: Four seasons
This recipe is right for you if you want a gluten-free and non–flour pancake breakfast.
- ½ cup Brown rice
- 2 tablespoon Cream cheese (fat-free)
- ½ cup Rice flour
- 1 Apple (red, medium)
- 2 tablespoon applesauce (unsweetened)
- ½ cup Milk (Skim milk)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Vanilla whey protein (powder)
- 1 packet Brown sugar (Splenda® Granulated Sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- For: 3 servings
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Heat the stove to 350° F.
- Slice the apple and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of Splenda®.
- Put it on a baking tray and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine cooked rice, milk, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder, oil, applesauce, ⅛ cup Splenda®, rice flour, and protein powder in a bowl.
- Heat a large, non–stick fillet over medium heat.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet in small circles.
- Flip after 2 to 3 minutes or when the edges begin to turn golden.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- When pancakes are done, smear them with fat–free cream cheese, top them with the cooked sliced apple, and serve immediately.
- Per recipe
- Energy: 284 kcal / 1187 kJ
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Carbs: 46 g