The spicy roasted pumpkin seeds recipe is a tasty and natural snack to make at home.
You will need 30 minutes to prepare it, about 40 minutes to cook the pumpkin seeds, and about 16 hours to soak and let them dry before cooking.
The right portion is a quarter cup, perfect for taste, and a low-calorie snack.
- For: 6 Servings
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 17 h 10 min
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and wash off the leftover flesh.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in warm water with salt for 8 hours at room temperature.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds from the water and let them dry on a baking sheet at room temperature for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F).
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss them to combine.
- Spread the seasoned seeds on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, tossing them every 10 minutes.
- If needed, you can increase the temperature to 200° C (400° F) for an additional time until it is browned. You should watch carefully for burning.
- Per portion
- Energy: 113 kcal / 472 kJ
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Carbs: 8.9 g