Sweet potatoes are a great gluten-free alternative for those who suffer from celiac disease but do not want to give up a tasty snack. Also great for those who want to keep calories at bay.
- 900 g Sweet potatoes (2 lb about, peeled and grated)
- 1 Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil (or Ghee)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 1 dash Salt (sea salt)
- For: 4 Servings
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Add the onions to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the garlic and sweet potatoes.
- Sauté for ten to 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and the onions are translucent.
- Put the sweet potato mixture into a baking pan and brush with egg wash.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the potatoes have reached your desired crispiness. They should be just a little browned on the top.
- Per serving
- Energy: 159 kcal / 665 kJ
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Carbs: 28 g