Each cupcake has 16 grams of high–quality protein. They are made using Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard whey and casein.
Apple pie cupcakes are an easy on–the–go snack, a quick breakfast option, or a perfect post-workout treat.
This is a simple and delicious recipe for muffins.
Get your mixing bowl, put on your apron and get cooking.
Ingredients for Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup Oats (raw)
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
- 1 cup Almond flour
- ¼ cup Almond milk (unsweetened)
- ½ cup Coconut oil (extra virgin)
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- French Vanilla Crème
- 1 tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Ingredients for the frosting
- For: 18 servings
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 40 min
Cook the Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 C).
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and using a spoon, combine into a smooth cake batter.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions between 10 muffin cases.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Let them cool.
Prepare the frosting
- Combine the yogurt and casein in a small mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the milk until you reach the desired frosting consistency.
Combine the muffins and the frosting
- When the cupcakes have completely cooled, you can pop the frosting on them with a spoon.
- If you feel fancy, you can use a nozzle and a piping bag.
- Topping is the part where you can get creative.
- You can add chia seeds and chopped almonds for an extra crunch.
- Also, you can use dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or fresh fruit. You should be creative and add your own twist.
- Serve them.
- Per recipe
- Energy: 318 kcal / 1329 kJ
- Fat: 20 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Carbs: 16 g