You can eat your Mexican pizza for your bodybuilding diet. It lacks carbs, which makes it up big–time in flavor.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cauliflower (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Mexican cheese (reduced-fat)
- 1 dash Salt (Table salt)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- For: 8 Servings
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 55 min
- Ready in: 1 h 10 min
- Preheat the oven to 200-205 °C (400° F).
- To make the cauliflower rice, you should pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor until the rice-like texture is achieved.
- Bring 2 - 3 cm (an inch) of water to boil in a large pot, and then add the cauliflower rice.
- Cover the pot, and let it cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower into a fine–mesh strainer.
- Wrap the cauliflower in a clean and thin dishtowel. Then, twist the towel up and squeeze out the excess moisture. This is critical for the dry pizza crust.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl and add species, cheese, and cauliflower.
- Use your hands to mix the dough well.
- Press the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until it is roughly 0.8 cm (⅓ inch) thick. It is important to line the dough up with parchment paper, or it will stick.
- Bake for 34 – 40 minutes, and the crust should be firm and golden brown when finished.
- Spread the crust with salsa and tomatoes.
- Add the spices and herbs, then the meat and cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake another 5 – 10 minutes until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Per serving
- Energy: 180 kcal / 752 kJ
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Carbs: 8 g