We want to have a thick head of hair that glimmers with natural health. But many people around the world suffer from hair loss. There are many factors that can lead to hair loss such as chronic illness, iron – deficiency anemia, PCOS (polycystic ovary symptoms), autoimmune diseases, thyroid disorder, certain medicines, chemically enriched hair products, use of wrong hair products, scalp infections, genetic factors, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, excessive smoking, too much stress and environmental factors. Your hair normally has 100.00 strands on your scalp. It is normal to lose 50 – 100 strands per day. But if you have noticed that you lose strands more than this normal amount, then you should take some actions which can help you to prevent baldness. Here are some home remedies which can help you to cure baldness and to have hair regrowth:
- Hair oil massage: If you want to reduce the hair loss, then you should massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. When you have proper hair and scalp massage, then this will increase the blood flow to your hair follicles, condition your scalp and enhance the strength of your hair roots. This will reduce the feelings of stress and also it will promote relaxation. You can use hair oils such as amla oil, castor oil, olive oil or almond oil. If you want to have better and faster results, then you should add a few drops to the base oil. Also you can use other types of oil such as wheat germ oil, argan oil and emu oil. You should massage some of the mentioned oils onto your scalp and hair. You should apply a light pressure with your fingertips. You should do this natural treatment at least once per week.
- Fish oil: Fish oils have omega – 3 fatty acids which can help you to have shiny and smooth hair. Also they will help you to have healthy hair growth. You should take fish oil supplements every day for at least one month. If you cannot stand the smell of fish oils, then you can take flaxseed oil. Also you can add flax seed in your diet.
- Rosemary: This is one of the best natural cures for your hair. It eliminates the dandruff, strengthens the roots and promotes growth of long hair. It has antioxidant properties which can boost your hair growth. This home remedy has silica and sulfur which help you to reverse hair loss. It will help you to increase the circulation to your scalp and also it will unclog blocked hair follicles. Also this home remedy can help you to darken your hair. You should put two drops of rosemary essential oil in two tablespoons of avocado, almond, jojoba, coconut or olive oil. You should apply this home remedy on your hair and then you should massage your scalp with it. You should let this natural cure to stay on your head for at least half an hour and then you should shampoo your hair as usual. You can use rosemary water as your final hair rinse. In two cups of hot water you should steep two or three rosemary sprigs in a period of 5 minutes. Also you can boil a handful of rosemary dry leaves in water. You should let this home remedy to cool and then you should strain this infusion. You should rinse your hair with this natural treatment after shampooing. You should use both natural cures several times per week.
- Castor oil: This natural cure can facilitate the hair growth because it is rich with Vitamin E and omega – 9 fatty acids. This oil fights scalp infections, prevents frizzing, adds volume and moisturizes your hair. You should mix equal amounts of castor oil with the base oil. This will help you to get a better consistency and enhance the benefits. You should rub this natural treatment on your scalp. Then, you should massage it. You should let this remedy to stay on your scalp for 30 – 45 minutes. You should rinse it. Then, you should shampoo your hair. It is difficult to remove this remedy from your hair. You should use a clarifying shampoo. If you want to make this remedy more effective, then you should mix 4 drops of rosemary essential oil in an ounce of castor oil. Then, you should put this natural treatment on your scalp and hair.
- Indian gooseberry: This home remedy is also known as amla. It is rich with Vitamin C. If you have a deficiency of Vitamin C in your body, then this can cause you hair loss. Indian gooseberry has exfoliating, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti – inflammatory properties which can promote hair growth and help maintain a healthy scalp. You should mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of amla pulp. You should massage your scalp with this natural remedy. You should cover your head with a shower cap. You should let this remedy to stay on your hair throughout the night. You should shampoo your hair in the morning.
- Fenugreek: This natural cure is also known as methi. It is a very effective home remedy for treating hair loss. Fenugreek seeds have hormone antecedents that enhance the hair growth and also they will help you to rebuild hair follicles. They also have proteins and nicotinic acid which will stimulate the hair growth. You should put fenugreek seeds in one cup of water. You should soak them in this water overnight. When you wake up, then you should grind them to make a paste. You should apply this paste on your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap. You should let it stay there for 40 minutes. After this period has passed, you should rinse your hair. You should follow this natural treatment every morning for one month.
- Lemon juice: Lemons are rich with vitamins such as Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, folic acid and other nutrients. Also they have antioxidant components. Lemon juice will help you in the hair regrowth. Your hair will be shiny, smooth and dandruff – free. You should apply this remedy on your scalp. It will stimulate the circulation. It will prevent hair loss. You should not use lemon juice in excess though because it can lighten your hair color over time. You should mix two parts of olive oil or coconut oil with one part of lemon juice. You should apply this remedy on your hair and scalp. You should let this remedy to stay on your hair for 30 – 45 minutes. You should wash it out. Then, you should shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo. You should repeat this natural treatment once or twice per week.
- Onion juice: This home remedy can help you in the natural treatment because it is rich with sulfur which can reduce inflammation, regenerate hair follicles and it will improve the blood circulation to the hair follicles. Onion juice has antibacterial properties which can kill parasites and germs. Also it can be used to treat scalp infections which in many cases can lead to hair loss. There are some studies in which participants who applied onion juice on the scalp have noticed significant hair regrowth. You should grate one onion to extract the juice of it. Then, you should strain it. You should apply this natural treatment onto your scalp in a direct way. You should let this home remedy to stay on your scalp for 30 minutes. Then, you should wash it off. You should shampoo your hair. Also there is another home remedy which you can make it from onion juice. You should mix 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and 3 tablespoons of onion juice. Also you can add one tablespoon of olive oil in this mixture. You should apply this natural treatment on your scalp. You should let it stay there in a period of 30 minutes. Then, you should rinse it off and shampoo your hair. You should repeat some of the mentioned remedies with onion juice 2 – 3 times per week in a period of several weeks.
- Aloe Vera: This natural cure has enzymes which can help you to have healthy hair growth. Also it has alkalizing properties that can help you to bring the hair and scalp pH to a more desirable level which can help you to promote hair growth. If you use Aloe Vera at regular basis, then this can alleviate dandruff, add strengthen and luster to hair, reduce scalp redness and inflammation and relieve scalp itching. You can use Aloe Vera juice or Aloe Vera gel. Both are very effective natural treatments. You should apply Aloe Vera juice or Aloe Vera gel onto your scalp. You should let it stay there in a period of few hours. Then, you should wash it off with lukewarm water. You should repeat this natural treatment 3 – 4 times per week. Also you can consume one tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice every day on an empty stomach. This will help you to have better hair growth.