Water retention home remedy
In the medical terms people use the term “edema” for condition in which you feel that your feet are so swollen and you cannot put your shoes on or you feel bloated. This condition is also known as fluid retention or water retention. This means that you have excessive accumulation of fluid in your body tissues. This condition can occur in your legs and feet but also it can affect other parts of your body. There are many factors that can lead to water retention such as oral contraceptives, certain medications, thyroid disorders, liver disease, chronic lung disease, kidney problems, heart problems, high blood pressure, allergies, exposure to high altitudes, hot weather, menstruation, pregnancy, stress, venous insufficiency, vitamin deficiencies, lack of exercise, poor circulation and high sodium intake. Water retention causes puffiness and swelling in the affected areas of your body. Also it can increase the pulse rate, blood pressure and it can cause you a bloated feeling, weight change and stiff joints. You can use medications to cure of this condition but we recommend you some water retention home remedy. Talk with your doctor before you start using them.
- Nettle: You can use nettle as your natural remedy for water retention because it is natural diuretic and it can help you to reduce the water retention in your body. Put one teaspoon of powdered nettle root in one cup of water and boil it. You should let this tea to steep about ten minutes. You should drink this water retention home remedy tea 3 times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Fennel seeds: There are some studies in which is shown that the fennel can increase the water and sodium output from your kidneys because it is a diuretic. It relieves the gas, aids digestion and prevents the buildup of toxins. In one cup of hot water you should put one teaspoon of fennel seeds. Cover this tea. Let it steep for ten minutes and then you should strain it. You should drink this water retention home remedy tea 3 times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Lemon juice: You should use lemon juice in your diet if you have water retention because it can flush out excess toxins and fluid from your body. In one cup of warm water you should add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. If you want to sweeten this kind of tea, then you should add honey in it. Drink this remedy. You should drink this water retention home remedy tea once per day in a period of few days until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Epsom salt: You should take Epsom salt bath because this will help you to rid of the bloated tummy and water retention through reverse osmosis. This natural cure will draw out the excess toxins and fluid from your body. Also it will calm your nerves and soothe sore muscles because it is relaxing bath. In warm bathwater you should add two cups of Epsom salt. You should soak your body in this water for fifteen minutes. You should repeat this water retention home remedy treatment 3 times per week.
- Parsley: Parsley has diuretic properties. In one cup of boiling water you should put 2 tablespoons of dried parsley leaves to make a parsley tea. You should let this tea to steep for ten minutes. Then, you should drink it. Drink this water retention home remedy tea 3 times per day. Also you can make a mixture of lemon juice and fresh parsley juice.
- Dandelion: There was a study in which was shown that dandelion has diuretic properties. This is one of the best natural cures which you can use if you suffer from water retention. It will remove the excess water from your body. Also this remedy has potassium as its component that can help you to reduce the sodium levels in your body. If you have pre – menstrual bloating, then you should use it dandelion because it will give you a relief from this bloating. In one cup of hot water you should steep one teaspoon of dried dandelion herb. Steep it for ten minutes. You should strain this water retention home remedy tea and then you should drink it 3 times per day. Also you can take 500 mg of dandelion tincture or supplements. You should take this amount 1 – 3 times per day. You should talk with your doctor before you start using dandelion tea or take supplements or tea.
- Aromatherapy: If you want to reduce the water retention, then aromatherapy is one of the best treatments for it. It will encourage the fluid drainage and it will stimulate the lymphatic system. In a warm bath you should put twenty drops of each juniper, cypress and geranium essential oils. You should soak your body in this warm water at least ten minutes. You should do this water retention home remedy treatment 3 times per week.
- Cranberry juice: One of the most popular natural cures for water retention is the cranberry juice. This water retention home remedy can help you because it has diuretic properties. Also it has high amounts of minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium that will help you to have a good fluid balance. You should drink one cup of unsweetened cranberry juice every day because this will help you to get a relief from this condition. Also you can take cranberry pills if you suffer from water retention but you need to talk with your doctor before you start using them.
- Onion: Onions have blood cleansing and diuretic properties. These properties will prevent the formation of kidney stones. In four cups of water you should boil a few raw onions. You should add salt in it to have better taste and then you should strain this tea. You should drink 2 – 3 cups of this water retention home remedy tea per day in a period of few days. Also you can eat more diuretic foods such as watermelon, pineapple, bananas, celery, watercress, cucumbers and cabbage. Also you should drink lot of water throughout the day because if your body is dehydrated, then your body starts to retain water. You should exercise regularly, drink less alcohol and limit your salt intake.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is effective natural treatment for relieving the water retention because it can replenish potassium in your body and it can help to reduce the sodium levels. In one glass of water you should add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. You should drink this water retention home remedy two times per day. You can increase the amount that you consume up to 2 tablespoons per glass. If you have fluid retention in your legs, then apple cider vinegar can help you also. You should make warm water from equal parts of warm water and apple cider vinegar and then you should soak your feet in it in a period of ten minutes. Also this remedy will help you to reduce the foot odor.
- Garlic: We use garlic a lot in our cooking because it has many health benefits and also it has diuretic properties. It will release toxins and water out of your body. This water retention home remedy can help you to lose weight because it will break down the body fats. If you do not add garlic in your meals, then you should use it as your natural remedy for water retention. You can chew a couple of raw garlic cloves every morning. You can use garlic paste in your bread spreads. Also you can add garlic in your stir fries, gravies, broths and soups.
- Corn silk tea: Corn silk is rich with Vitamin K, polyphenols, flavonoids and antioxidants. It is one of the best natural remedies for urinary infections and kidney disorders because it reduces the water retention and uric acid. It can eliminate waste and toxins because it is a natural diuretic. Also it can help you to treat arthritis and gout. Before you start using corn silk tea as your natural remedy for water retention, you should talk with your doctor because it can interact negatively with blood thinners. In boiling water you should add two teaspoons dried corn silk or ¼ cup of fresh corn silk. You should remove the water from heat and then you should let this tea steep for five to ten minutes. Strain this remedy and then you should drink it. You should drink this water retention home remedy two times per day.
- Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds are rich with zinc, phosphorous, Vitamin B6, niacin, magnesium, calcium, thiamin, riboflavin, iron, folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and potassium. They are also natural diuretics. You should pour a glass of water into a pan and then you should add three tablespoons of coriander seeds. You should boil this remedy until you have noticed that the half water is vaporized. You should remove the pan from the heat. Let this remedy to cool and then you should drink it. You need to drink this water retention home remedy two times per day if you want to get complete relief.