Natural cures for razor burn
When you are shaving your legs, arms, under arms or your public hair, then you are having the biggest chances to get razor burn. You see the shaving as the fastest way for the riding of the unwanted hair, but also in this way you have the biggest chance for irritation of your skin. You are feeling burning in the shaved areas and also those parts are red. In some cases they can be swollen or red. Men are shaving their faces so frequently and they have the biggest chances of getting razor burn. Women are also having chances for getting razor burn when they are shaving their legs and arms. There are few causes for the razor burn such as having sensitive skin, unconditioned skin, dull blade, shaving dry and using a hard soap. When you are having razor burn, you are feeling discomfort. But you should not be worried about this condition because there are many natural remedies and natural cures which you can use to get rid of it in the fastest way. Here are some home remedies and natural cures which will help you to get rid of the razor burn:
- Cold compress: When you have razor burn, then you are feeling a burning sensation. If you want to get rid of this feeling, then the cold compress is the right home remedy for your condition. This remedy is reducing the inflammation and also it is very effective for soothing the skin. A cold compress is also reducing the itching and redness. When you are using this natural remedy, then you are also reducing your chances to have razor bumps. In a thin towel you should wrap a few ice cubes. Put the towel on the affected areas. You should let this remedy to stay on the affected areas for few minutes. Also there is another option which you can use as your treatment. Soak a cloth in cold water and put in the affected areas. Let this cloth to stay on the affected areas for few minutes. If you are not seeing improvement, you should repeat this methods several times per day until you have noticed better results. If you want to prevent yourself from razor burn, then you must splash the affected areas with cold water just after you have shaved your body.
- Apple cider vinegar: When you have razor burns, apple cider vinegar is other effective natural remedy for your condition. This remedy has anti – inflammatory properties which are reducing the itching and inflammation. Also this remedy is preventing from infection because it has acetic acid. You will need a cotton ball. Dab this cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar. Apply this remedy on the affected areas. You should let the cotton to be dry. After the cotton is dried, then you must wash the remedy with water. You should repeat this method 2 or 3 times per day until you have noticed that the burning sensation is gone. People who are having sensitive skin should not apply the apple cider vinegar directly on the skin. They must dilute this remedy with water before they have applied it.
- Aspirin: This is one of the easiest and simplest ways to rid of the razor burn. Inflammation and redness which are caused by the razor burn can be reduced by using aspirin. In one teaspoon of warm water you should put 2 aspirins. You should leave this mixture to stay together until it gets in form of paste. Then, with this paste you should rub the affected areas. Let this paste to stay on the affected skin for ten minutes. Then, you should wash this paste with lukewarm water. If you have razor burns and you are feeling discomfort, then you should use this remedy twice per day. Also this is a very effective remedy for riding of the razor bumps. People who have highly sensitive skin should not use the mentioned remedy.
- Aloe Vera: If you want to soothe your razor burn, then the Aloe Vera is one of the most used natural remedies for this condition. This remedy has cooling ability which is helping you to rid of the inflammation and the burning sensation. It is speeding the healing process. Also this remedy is very effective because it has moisturizing effect on the skin. You will need an Aloe Vera leaf. Then, you should extract the Aloe Vera gel from this leaf. With this gel you should rub the affected skin. When you have applied this remedy, you should let it to dry. When the Aloe Vera gel is dried, then you should rinse those areas with cold water. You should repeat this remedy 2 or 3 times per day in a period of 2 or 3 days.
- Black tea: When you are making a black tea for yourself, you can use this natural tea for riding of the razor burn. Redness and inflammation which are caused by the razor burn can be healed with black tea because the black tea has tannin acid. In warm water you should moisten a black tea bag. You can allow this tea to cool by its own or you can put this tea in a refrigerator in a period of 5 to 10 minutes. With the cool tea bags you should rub the affected skin for 2 to 3 minutes. If you have not seen better results, then you should repeat this process several times per day.
- Honey: This is also very effective natural remedy for treating the razor burn. Honey is reducing the inflammation and swelling and also it is moisturizing the skin. Also this is a very natural remedy for the prevention of infected skin. You should apply some honey on the shaved areas. Then, you should let this remedy to dry on your skin and wash this remedy with cold water. Also there is another option which you can choose if you want to rid of the razor burn in very quick time. You will need to mix ½ tablespoon of plain yogurt with ½ teaspoon of honey. You will need to apply this remedy on the shaved areas where you have razor burn. You should let this remedy to stay on the affected areas for 15 minutes. After you have applied this mixture and 15 minutes have passed, then you should wash this remedy with lukewarm water. You can choose some of the both remedies. If you have decided to use some of the both remedies, then you will need to apply those 3 – 4 days or if you have not seen improvement, then you should continue to using this remedy as long as you need.
- Baking soda: This is old home remedy which is used as natural treatment for razor burn. This home remedy is having anti – inflammatory properties which are soothing the skin. Also this remedy is very effective at reducing the redness and it is giving a relief from the itching. In one cup of water you should mix one tablespoon of baking soda. Use a cotton ball to soak this mixture on the affected areas. Leave this remedy to stay in the affected areas for 5 minutes. Then, you should rinse this remedy with cold water. If you have not noticed improvement at the first time, then you should repeat this home remedy 2 or 3 times per day until you have noticed improvement.
- Cucumber: This vegetable is also very effective natural remedy for the razor burn because it has anti – inflammatory and hydrating properties. Vitamin K and Vitamin C are also very effective for reducing the itchiness and relieving the pain. You will need one cucumber to cut on slices. Then, you should put those slices in a refrigerator. Let them stay for thirty minutes. Then, you should rub the cool cucumber slices on your shaved areas for ten minutes in one time. You should repeat this process several times per day in regular intervals until the time you have noticed that your condition is improved. Also there is another home remedy from this vegetable which you can use for improving your condition. In ¼ cup of milk you will need to add a pure ½ of a cucumber. Then, you should put this natural remedy in a refrigerator to cool. When this mixture is cooled, you should apply it on the affected skin. Let this remedy to stay on the affected areas for ten minutes. After this period has passed, you should wash this remedy with warm water. You should repeat this home remedy 2 per day in a period of two days.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is also very effective natural remedy for the razor burn because this remedy has anti – inflammatory, antibacterial and anstiseptic properties. In two tablespoons of water you should add 5 drops of tea tree oil. You should apply this natural remedy on your shaved areas. Let this remedy to stay on the affected areas for 10 minutes and then wash your areas with lukewarm water. You should repeat this process two times per day. Also you can add 2 or 3 drops of this oil in one tablespoon of olive oil. You should apply this remedy on the affected areas. Let this mixture to stay for 10-15 minutes and then wash it of your skin.