Edema home remedy
Edema is also known as hydropsy, dropsy and oedema. This is accumulation of fluid in your body tissues which leads to swelling. It can happen in any part of our bodies but usually feet, legs, ankles and hands. The number of people who suffer from edema in USA is about 4.4 million people. The most common signs and symptoms of edema are dimpling of the skin after being pressed for a few seconds, stretched or skinny skin, puffiness and swelling. Mild cases of edema can result from a pregnancy, premenstrual syndrome, insect bites, malnutrition, high salt intake, a surgical procedure and sitting or staying in one position for many hours. There are some cases when edema is caused by side effects of medications such as diabetes medications, estrogen medications, steroid drugs, nonsteroidal anti – inflammatory drugs and high blood pressure medications. There are some cases in which edema is a result from serious health problem such as allergic reaction, venous insufficiency, deep vein thrombosis, thyroid disease, arthritis, cancer, cirrhosis, kidney disease and congestive heart failure. Also there are risk factors which can increase your risk for getting edema such as past surgeries involving removal of lymph nodes, a sedentary lifestyle, smoking, excessive drinking, kidney disease and hypertension. This is not harmful condition but also can be a sign of underlying condition. Talk with your doctor if you suffer from edema. You can use a cold compress to alleviate swelling on your feet if you are pregnant. You should stop excessive drinking and smoking if you want to prevent this condition. You can take Vitamin B6 supplements two times per day but you need to talk with your doctor before you start using them. There are many natural cures and edema home remedy that you can use as your natural treatment for edema.
- Dandelion: Dandelion is one of the best natural edema home remedy because it has natural diuretic properties. This home remedy will encourage the draining of fluid. Dandelion has potassium which will balance out the sodium in your body. This home remedy will help you to reduce the swelling and inflammation that are caused by edema. In one cup of hot water you should add one teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves or one teaspoon of fresh dandelion leaves. You should cover this edema home remedy. Then, you should let steep for five to seven minutes and then you should strain it. You should drink two to three cups of this tea every day. If you suffer from gallbladder problems, then you should not use dandelion as your natural cure.
- Parsley: This edema home remedy is also helpful in reducing the pain and swelling because it removes the excess fluids from your body. There was a study in which was said that this natural cure has diuretic effects which means that you can use it as natural treatment for edema. Also this home remedy will block the re – absorption of potassium and sodium. In two cups of water you should add one teaspoon of dried parsley. You should boil this edema home remedy for ten minutes and then you should strain it. In the morning before you eat your breakfast you need to drink this natural cure at once. Also you can make a paste from parsley. You need to crush parsley leaves to make paste. You should apply this home remedy on the affected areas. You should let it stay there for thirty minutes and then you should rinse it with warm water. You should repeat this treatment two times per day. Also you can eat this home remedy. You can add this natural remedy in your sandwiches, soups and salads.
- Massage: When we suffer from edema, then we have pain and swelling that are caused by this disease. You should massage the muscle areas and affected skin with gentle strokes that will create pressure on those areas. This will activate the lymphatic system that will drain away the fluid in natural way. You need to warm some coconut, mustard or olive oil. You need to massage the affected areas with warm oil in gentle way. You need to do this edema home remedy treatment several times per day. Pregnant women who suffer from edema, should have your massage done by a therapist specialized in parental massage.
- Tea tree oil: When the edema is caused by stings or insect bites, then you can use the tea tree oil as your natural edema home remedy treatment. This natural cure has analgesic and anti – inflammatory properties because it can help you to reduce the pain and swelling that are caused by edema. There was one study in which was shown it has alpha – terpineol and terpinen – 4 – ol that can regulate edema. If you have edema that is caused by stings or insect bites, then you should put a few drops of this natural cure on a cotton swab and you should apply it on the affected areas. You should wait for a few minutes and then you should rinse this remedy with warm water. If you need to repeat it, then you should do it. If you have mild edema, then you should add a few drops of this natural cure to any carrier oil. You should massage the affected areas with this mixture using outward strokes. You should follow this edema home remedy treatment two times per day until you have noticed that the pain and swelling are gone.
- Epsom salt bath: if you suffer from edema, then you should use Epsom salt bath as your natural treatment for this condition because it will help you to rid of the pain, inflammation and swelling that are caused by this disease. This natural edema home remedy cure will draw out the excess toxins and fluids from your body. In warm bathwater you should add two cups of Epsom salt. You should soak your body in this mixture for ten to fifteen minutes. You should repeat this natural treatment three times per week.
- Apple cider vinegar: One of the best natural cures for edema is apple cider vinegar. It is rich with potassium which means that it will help you to replenish the potassium levels in your body and it will reverse the fluid retention. Also it has anti – inflammatory properties that can help you to reduce pain and swelling. In one glass of water you should add one or two teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You should drink this edema home remedy two times per day. Also there is another natural treatment that you can do with this home remedy. Make a mixture of equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and warm water. Soak a towel in this mixture. Then, you should wrap this towel on the affected areas and let it stay there for several minutes. You should do this treatment a few times per day.
- Coriander seeds: One of the best natural treatments for edema are the coriander seeds. They have anti – inflammatory properties which will help you to reduce the pain and swelling. Also these seeds will encourage the good blood circulation. In one cup of water you should add three tablespoons of coriander seeds. You should heat this mixture to boil. Then, you should simmer this mixture until you have noticed that the water is reduced by half. You should strain this mixture and then you should let this remedy to cool. You should drink this natural edema home remedy two times per day until you have noticed that the symptoms of this condition are gone.
- Flaxseeds: One of the most used natural remedies for edema are flaxseeds. They have anti – inflammatory properties which will help you to reduce the swelling. They will aid in detoxification which means that they will help you to rid of the harmful toxins. In one glass of warm water you should add ½ teaspoon of ground flaxseeds. You should drink this natural edema home remedy two times per day. Also you can massage the affected areas with flaxseed oil few times per day.
- Reduce salt intake: When you consume a lot of salt, then this will increase your risk of getting edema. This will lead to water retention in the tissues. You should consume about one teaspoon of salt per day. This amount is recommended by many experts. But you need to talk with your doctor about the recommended intake amount of sodium that you need to have every day. You should limit your intake of salty foods such as fast food and prepackaged snacks. You should cook more time at your home and less time to eat outside. This will help you to know how much salt you consume. Also you should eat lot of fresh vegetables and fruits. Try to avoid canned versions of them because many of them have big amounts of salt that will keep their freshness and color. You can enhance the taste of food that you consume with herbs instead of salt.