Natural cures for common cold
There are many people who say that there is no cure for the common cold. But always there are ways in which you can prevent this situation. We know that we have common cold, and then we feel many symptoms. There are many home remedies which can help you to prevent these symptoms. When we talk about common cold, then we usually think of disease. But in fact this is type of infection. It can be caused by different types of viruses. There are many symptoms of the common cold which can happen in the most cases such as itchy eyes, runny nose, headache, body ache, high fever, cough etc. When you feel some of the mentioned signs and symptoms of cold it is very important to visit your doctor. He or she will help you to cure of the common cold. They will give you the proper home remedy or medication for your condition. If you do not treat this kind of infection with proper natural remedies or medications, then this can lead to serious conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis and strep throat. There are many natural remedies which can help you to cure of the common cold in natural way. They are not bad for your health because they will not make you any side effects. You just need to talk with your doctor before you start using some of them. Here are some home remedies which can help you to cure of the common cold:
- Red onion: If you suffer from common cold, then you should use red onion syrup as your natural remedy. If you want to make this kind of home red onion syrup, then you will need brown sugar or honey and red onions. You will need 2 or 3 red onions. You should slice them in horizontal way. In a bowl you should add one slice of onion. Then, you should add raw honey in the bowl. You should repeat the mentioned steps until you have noticed that your bowl is full. Then, you should cover the mixture in this bowl. Let it stay from twelve to fifteen hours. When this period has passed and when you will open the bowl, then you can notice that there is a thick liquid in the bowl which looks like syrup. You should drink one spoonful of this syrup. Drink this syrup several times per day until you have noticed that you get relief from the common cold and sore throat.
- Cinnamon: It can help you to ease the pain of sore or dry throat. In a glass of boiling water you should add two cloves and one tablespoon of powdered cinnamon. You should simmer this mixture from fifteen to twenty minutes. You should strain it. Then, you should drink when still is warm. Also you can add honey in this mixture. You should drink this tea once or three times per day. If you do not want to drink this mixture, then you should eat few drops of cinnamon bark oil mixed with honey. If your common cold lasts more than 3 days, then you should visit your doctor.
- Chicken soup: There are many vitamins and nutrients in this type of soup which can help you to cure of the common cold. You will reduce the symptoms of this infection when you consume chicken soup. Also it has antioxidant properties which can help you to speed up the healing process of the common cold. You can feel that you feel stronger after you have eaten chicken soup because this soup will help you to boost your immune system. If you want to heal at faster with chicken soup, then you should make a homemade chicken soup with chicken and organic vegetables.
- Ginger: If you suffer from common cold, then you can use ginger as your natural remedy. It can help you to cure of this infection because it has anti – inflammatory, antiviral and expectorant properties. You should eat ginger in raw form several times per day. Also you can drink a tea made from ginger. Also you should drink this kind of tea several times per day. If you have decided to drink ginger tea, then you should add honey and lemon juice in the tea because in this way you can speed up the healing process. Also you can make a paste from this herb. You will need salt, cloves and ginger. When your paste is done, then you should eat ½ of this paste two times per day. If you have a runny nose, then you should make a mixture from jaggery (gur), clarified butter (ghee), natural sweetener and dry ginger powder. You should use equal amounts of the mentioned items. When you are awake in the morning, then you should consume this kind of mixture. You should consume it just once per day when you are hungry.
- Spice tea: This is very helpful home remedy if you suffer from common cold. In a cup of water you should add ¼ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, ½ tablespoon of fennel seeds, ½ tablespoon of cumin and ¼ cup of coriander seeds. You should boil the mentioned items in the water. Then, you should add ½ teaspoon of rock candy (misri) and ½ teaspoon of the spice mixture. You should simmer it for 3 – 4 minutes. Then, you should add 2 tablespoons of milk. Then, you should put this mixture to boil. You should strain this mixture. You should sip this mixture in slow way while it is still hot. You should drink this spice tea every day until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Honey: This is one of the best products which you can use if you suffer from common cold. If you have irritated throat, then you should consume honey because it has soothing effects. It can help you to lessen the period of your cold. Honey is rich with enzymes and nutrients which can kill viruses and bacteria which lead to the common cold. Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice. You should take this mixture in every two hours. It will help you to cure of the sore throat and to get a relief from the common cold. Also you can swallow a spoonful of raw honey if you do not want to consume the previous mentioned mixture.
- Garlic: When we talk about garlic, then many of us do not want to taste because it has bad smell. But many of us do not know that this kind of vegetable can be perfect natural remedy for common cold because it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. They can help you to rid of the symptoms which are caused by the common cold. It can help us to open our respiratory passages and also it can boost our immune system. Also it can help you to rid of the toxins in your body. You should make a mixture from ½ teaspoon of red chili powder or cayenne pepper, one teaspoon of honey, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and one crushed garlic clove. You should consume this kind of mixture every day because in this way you will feel better. In one cup of water you should boil one teaspoon of honey and 4 – 5 chopped garlic cloves. You should drink this kind of mixture 2 – 3 times per day. Also you can eat raw garlic if you suffer from common cold. Add few drops of garlic oil in your drinks and foods because this will help you to rid of the symptoms caused by this infection.
- Pepper: If you suffer from common cold, then you can use one of the most available natural remedies and that is the pepper. When you consume pepper, then you feel relief from the congestion because it has high amounts of capsaicin. Also this element will thin the mucus. If you have runny nose, then you should add pepper in your meals. In a glass of warm water you should put one teaspoon of black pepper. Then, you should gargle your mouth with this mixture. There are some people who cannot drink or eat black pepper.
- Mullein tea: When you have common cold, then you should drink lot of fluids. You should drink mullein tea. It can help you to get a relief from the chest congestion which is often symptom of the common cold because it has expectorant properties. In a strainer you should put dried mullein tea until you have noticed that is full. Then, you should put this kind of herb in water and let it boil from 5 – 10 minutes. Then, you should add small amount of honey in this tea. You should drink the mullein tea 2 – 3 times per day. If you suffer from common cold, then you can also drink green tea because it can help you to rid of the symptoms caused by this infection.
- Milk: If you have headache, cough and body aches which are symptoms of the common cold, then you should drink milk in a combination with ginger powder and turmeric because you will feel a relief from these symptoms. The mucus production will not be increased when you drink milk. You should boil milk. You should add ½ teaspoon of ginger powder and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder. You should let the milk to cool on room temperature. In this way you can drink the milk and it will not burn your mouth. You should drink this mixture 2 times per day. You should always drink it before you go to bed.
These are some of the steps to take to prevent/cure common cold.