Bad breath is one of the most embarrassing problems for people which are making their self-confidence on low levels. There are many causes which can be a reason for this condition such as gum disease, eating odorous foods, dry mouth, smoking, sinus conditions and medical conditions. There are studies which have proved that the main cause for this condition is the bacteria which are build up between your teeth or on the back of your tongue. You should have normal oral health which can help you to control the bad breath. In the normal oral health are included tongue scraping, flossing and tooth brushing. Also your breath can be fresh if you are drinking lot of water during the day. When you have done with eating of your meals, you should swish water around your mouth for a few seconds. This will help you to rid of the food particles in your mouth and also your mouth will be clean. But not only the water that can help you, also you have other home remedies which can help you to have fresh breath. Here are some home remedies which can help you to rid of the bad breath:
- Fennel: This is one of the best home remedies which can help you if you are suffering from bad breath. This herb will help you to have fresh breath. Fennel is very effective home remedy because it has anti – microbial properties which are helping you to rid of the bacteria which are in your mouth. You should slowly chew a tablespoon of fennel because it will stimulate the production of the saliva and also your breath will be fresh. Also you can drink a fennel tea which can help you to have a fresh breath. Drink this tea couple times per day. In a cup of hot water you should steep one or two teaspoons of fennel seeds. Steep these seeds for 5 – 10 minutes and then you should drink this tea.
- Fenugreek: When the bad breath is caused by catarrhal infections, then fenugreek tea is one of the best home remedies for this cause. In a cup of water you should boil a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds. You should strain this tea and then drink it. You should drink fenugreek tea once per day until the moment you have felt that your problem is gone.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamic aldehyde which is an essential oil in the cinnamon is reducing the levels of bacteria which are reason for the bad breath and also it is giving you a fresh breath. In a cup of water you should boil one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Also you can add some cardamom and bay leaves in this tea. You should strain this mixture. This is very effective home remedy for reducing the symptoms of the bad breath. You should drink this mixture twice per day if you want to have the best results.
best home remedies for bad breath
- Parsley: Chlorophyll which is a component of the parsley is a very effective element for neutralizing the bad breath. You should chew fresh parsley spring which will make your breath fresh. Also there is another option which you can make from this home remedy. You should dip the parsley in vinegar and then you should chew this herb. Also if you want to refresh your breath, you should put parsley leaves in a juicer. Drink this juice and you will have fresh breath. Also this remedy is very effective for aiding the digestion.
- Cloves: If you want to get rid of the bad breath, you should use cloves because they are possessing anti – bacterial properties. Pop a few pieces of this herb in your mouth and then you should chew them. In a few minutes you will feel that your breath is fresh. Also there is option to make a tea from this herb. In a cup of water you should boil a ground or one teaspoon of cloves and then you should allow to this tea to simmer about 5 – 10 minutes. You should use this tea as mouthwash or you should drink this tea twice per day.
- Lemon Juice: This is one of the best home remedies which you can use if you have bad breath. This home remedy is used in the traditional medicine and nowadays it is used in the modern medicine. Lemons are rich with acidic content which are helping your bacteria not to grow in your mouth. Also this fruit has strong smell which will cover the bad odor in your mouth. In a cup of water you should stir one tablespoon of lemon juice. Then, you should rinse your mouth with this mixture. Also if you want to add salt in this mixture, then you can add a small amount of salt in it. Then, you should use this mixture to improve your condition. This is one of the most effective home remedies for the bad breath. Also this remedy is reducing the symptoms which are a reason for this condition.
- Baking soda: If you have bad breath and you want to get rid of it, then you should use baking soda as your home remedy. When you are using this home remedy you are also preventing yourself to get bad breath. Baking soda is making acid balance in your mouth which means that you are reducing the chances of getting bad breath. We know that the oral bacteria are one of the most common causes for the bad breath. When you are using baking soda as your natural treatment, then you are reducing the production of these bacteria in your mouth. In a glass of warm water you should mix ½ tablespoon of baking soda. You should rinse your mouth with this mixture. Use this mixture once per day. You should use this mixture until you have felt better results. When you are brushing your teeth with baking soda, then you are reducing the acidity in your mouth which is preventing the bacteria to build up on the tongue.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is one of the most wonderful home remedies which you can use it if you are suffering from bad breath. The pH balance of the apple cider vinegar is making it the perfect natural remedy for bad breath. In a glass of water you should stir one tablespoon of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You should drink this home remedy before you have eaten your meals. This remedy will help you to cure the bad breath and also it will help you in the digestion. Also there is another option made from this product which you can use as your natural treatment for the bad breath. In a cup of water you should add apple cider vinegar and then you should gargle with this mixture.
- Tea: Herbal teas are also great natural remedy for the bad breath. In the black and green tea there is one component which is known as anti – oxidant polyphenols. This component is not allowing to bacteria which is a reason for the bad breath to spread in your mouth. Also you can make other tea. In a cup of hot water you should steep one teaspoon of dried sage. Then, you should strain this tea. You should drink this tea several times per day if you want to get rid of the bad breath.
- Tea tree oil: This is powerful disinfectant for your mouth. Also the tea tree oil has antiseptic properties which will help you to rid of the bad breath. There are many options in which you can use this home remedy as your natural treatment. One of these options is to use toothpaste which has tea tree oil as its component. If you have this toothpaste, then you should brush your teeth with it. Also there is another option in which you can use this home remedy. Before you start washing your teeth, you should add some drops in your normal toothpaste. Also you can make a mouthwash from this home remedy. In a glass of water you should add lemon oil, peppermint oil and tea tree oil. This is your mouthwash which you can use to rid of your problem. If you have tried some of these home remedies and you are not seeing better effects, then you should visit your doctor. Maybe, there is some underlying condition which is the cause for your problem.
- Eat foods rich in fiber: You should eat foods which are rich with fiber because this element will prevent the bad breath. You should not eat foods which are having carbohydrates such as ice cream, cakes, sweets and cookies.
- Drink water: Your mouth will be fresh and you will not have bad breath if you are drinking lot of water. One of the biggest causes for the bad breath is dehydration. Many people are not drinking enough amount of water which is resulting in bad breath. Also if you have dry mouth, then this can be a reason for your problem.
- Supplement with zinc: You should also add zinc in your diet because this element will keep your mouth free from the bacteria. You should eat food which is rich with zinc such as organ meats, pumpkin seeds, gourd seeds and cacao. These are natural foods which will give you the amount which you need to have clean breath.
- Include more raw foods in your diet: You should eat raw foods such as apples, celery and carrots which are rich in fiber. These foods will help you to rid of the bad breath.