There are many disorders or diseases such as bruxism in which you are not feeling that you have it, but you feel the effects which are caused by the physical and psychiatric damages. This is case with the bruxism which is involving clenching or grinding of teeth. People who are suffering from bruxism can have day bruxism (when they are clenching or grinding with their teeth during the day) and sleep bruxism (when they are sleeping they are having sleep bruxism – it means that they are clenching or grinding with their teeth during their sleeping). This is not just dental problem, but also it is medical problem because it involves all surrounding structures such as jaw. People who are feeling stress, anxious, anger are having bigger chances to get bruxism. Also people who are behaving hyperactive are more likely to get bruxism. There are many natural remedies which can help you to for bruxism treatment are:
Home remedies for bruxism treatment
- Chamomile: This is one of the most easily found herbs in Europe. This herb looks like daisy. This herb has high amounts of volatile oils. Also this herb is rich with flavonoids and also with coumarins. Chamomile is herb which is possessing anti-inflammatory ingredients such as nervine. Also this herb is anti-spasmodic herb which means that is helping a lot in reducing the spasms. When people are suffering from bruxism, then they should use this herb as their natural remedy. The flowers of this herb are possessing properties which are helping to people to decrease the causes which are reason for bruxism such as indigestion and stress. Also when people are suffering from bruxism, they are having stomach cramps and anxiety. If you use a chamomile as your natural remedy for bruxism treatment, then the stomach cramps and anxiety will be decreased. When people are having this disorder, then they are having pain and tension in their muscles. You should use chamomile herb if you are suffering from bruxism because this herb will decrease the tension and pain which are felt in your nervous system. Also if you have bruxism, you should use chamomile before you go to sleep. This is effective natural remedy for bruxism treatment which will relax the jaw muscles. When you are taking chamomile before you go to sleep, you are preventing yourself from grinding of your teeth while you are sleeping.
- White willow: This herb is also easily found in Europe. It has many medicinal properties which are benefits for our health. The most used part for treating diseases of this herb is the bark. Salicin which is component of the white willow is converting in salicylic acid which is decreasing the fighting inflammation and also it is decreasing the pain. This herb is known as the natural aspirin because it has many similarities with the aspirin. If you are suffering from bruxism, then you should use this herb as your natural bruxism treatment. When you are using white willow, then you are resolving the alignment problems in your jaws, teeth and gums because you are resolving the problems with the pain and inflammation.
- Valerian: This herb is known as natural tranquilizer because valerian is calming down the nerves. It is proven that when you are using valerian as your natural bruxism treatment, then you have no side effects. Because this natural remedy has calming properties, you will feel relaxed when you are sleeping. Also when you are using this herb as your natural remedy, you are preventing your teeth from grinding. This is possible because when you are sleeping your mind is calmed down. This is preventing your teeth from grinding and clenching.
- Hops: If you are suffering from bruxism, then you can use hops ass your natural remedy. When you are using this herb as your natural remedy for bruxism treatment, you are calming down the mind and body. One of the most common causes for bruxism is the anxiety. When you are using hops, then you are decreasing this cause for your bruxism. If you are suffering from bruxism, then you should use this natural remedy before you go to sleep because this herb will relax your mind and body and also it will prevent you to stop grinding your teeth while you are sleeping. Also this bruxism treatment can be used in a form of tincture. If you have decided to use this form of hops, then you should mix the tincture in a hot water and then you should drink it. It is recommended taking this mix 30 minutes before you go to the bed.
- Skullcap: This herb is also effective natural remedy for bruxism treatment. When you are using this natural remedy for your bruxism treatment, then you will relax your mind and your body. Also when you are using skullcap as your natural remedy, you are having deep sleep which is very important to calm your body. Your body and your mind will be relaxed. When they are relaxed, then you are not grinding your teeth at night. You should use this natural remedy as tincture. Make a mix from skullcap and hot water. You should drink this tincture 30 minutes before you go to sleep. What is important about this natural remedy and also all the previous mentioned natural remedies are that you should always consult with your doctor before you start using some of them. You should not risk with you treatment because in some cases these remedies can make you side effects. Never use some natural remedy or some medication on your own.
- Vitamin B5: There are many studies in which is shown that when people are grinding their teeth, they are having nutrient deficiency. This is a reason why you should use Vitamin B5 as your natural remedy for bruxism treatment. This is very important vitamin to improve your nutrient deficiency and also to improve your condition. When you are using this natural remedy, you are helping to improve your health. Also you are reducing the hyperactivity and stress which can be a cause for the bruxism. You should use this natural remedy every day. Also you can take pantothenic acid as your natural remedy for bruxism treatment. The recommended daily intake amount is 5 mg to 10 mg.
- Calcium: Also this is one of the most important natural remedies for bruxism treatment which is medically proven. When you are using calcium as your natural remedy, then you are increasing the strength of your bones. Also you are preventing yourself from the teeth grinding and you are improving your health.
- Magnesium: When people are having bruxism, then they are having magnesium deficiency. If you take magnesium as your supplement, then you are reducing the symptoms which are associated with bruxism and also it is very effective natural remedy for improving your condition. The healthiest and tastiest way to consume magnesium is to eat nuts or green leafy vegetables for bruxism treatment. If you cannot eat the mentioned natural remedies, then you should take a supplement which is a combination from Vitamin D, magnesium and calcium.
- Vitamin C: This Vitamin is also recommended being used as natural remedy for bruxism treatment. This vitamin can be easily found in all kind of fruits. Citrus fruits are having the high amount of this vitamin.
- Potassium: People who are suffering from potassium should use it in their natural remedy for bruxism treatment. This element can be found in potato skin, bananas, orange juice, tomatoes and oranges. Also it can be found in green leafy vegetables, but the degree of it is less.
- Apple slices: Before you go to the bed, you can reduce the teeth grinding with biting apple slices. This will help you a lot to reduce the grinding while you are sleeping.
- Carrot sticks: If you chew carrot sticks before you go to the bed, then you are reducing the risk from grinding your teeth and also you are calming down your mouth. Also if you cannot chew carrot sticks, then you should chew cauliflower because this vegetable will help you a lot in the reducing of teeth grinding.
- Warm bath: If you are working and you feel stress after you have done with your work, then you should take warm water because it will help you to reduce the tension which is caused by this disorder. It will relax your mind and your body and also it will prevent you from the grinding of your teeth.
- Change sleeping positions: People who are sleeping on their stomach or on their side are having increased chances to get bruxism and also the risk of grinding their teeth is increasing. If they want to avoid the risk of this disorder, then they should change their sleep position. They should try to sleep on their back.
- Lots of water: If your children are having bruxism, then you should give them lot of water during the day. If you want to protect your children from the teeth grinding, then you should give them lot of water during the day because if they have not drunk lot of water during the day, then at night they will have increased chances to exhibit bruxism. So drinking water is a very good bruxism treatment.