Health benefits of beer
Beer has many health benefits such as treating hypertension, osteoporosis, kidney stones, gallstones and diabetes. Also it has anti – aging properties, aid to the digestive system, prevent dementia and coronary disease, increase bone density, it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and it has anti – cancer properties. Also this alcoholic drink acts as a serious diuretic and stress buster. This is a type of alcoholic drink which people want to drink with certain meals in Europe and North America. It is richer with Vitamin B and protein compared with the red wine. Also it has antioxidant components which are equal to that of the wine. The major component for brewing beer is the hops. This component is rich with flavonoids that are potent antioxidants. You should take it in moderate quantities because in this way it can boost your health in many ways. If you drink beer in excessive amounts, then this can be dangerous for your health and also it will negate all beneficial effects. It is rich with minerals which have many important roles in many metabolic processes.
Here are some health benefits of beer:
- Cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract: This type of alcoholic drink is rich with soluble fiber which can promote your overall health. This element is a good source for your heart. Also it will help you to clean out your digestive tracts.
- Diuretic: It acts as diuretic. It can increase the urination. This will facilitate the increased removal of waste material and toxins from your body.
- Stress buster: It is known fact that many types of alcohol can reduce the stress. Also beer can do that. Beer can facilitate sleep.
- Kidney stones and osteoporosis: Beer is low in sodium and high in potassium. Also it is rich source of magnesium that can help you to have reduced chances of getting kidney stones. Also beer has silicon which is readily absorbed by our bodies which is explaining why beer has protective role against osteoporosis.
- Aids digestive system: Beer has many digestive properties such as stimulation of pancreatic enzymes, cholecystokinin, gastric acid and gastrin.
- Prevention of dementia and coronary disease: There are some studies in which is shown that when we consume beer, then it is boosting the levels of the good cholesterol in our bodies by ten to twenty percent. Also it is reducing the risk of getting cardiovascular disease and dementia.
- Gallstones: If you consume moderate amounts of beer at regular basis, then this will have positive effects on your cholesterol levels and it will decrease the bile concentration. This will lead to reduced risk of developing gallstones.
- Anti – aging properties: Vitamin E is the major antioxidant in the body. Beer can increase the impact and potency of this vitamin. This vitamin is very important for maintaining healthy skin. Also it will slow down the aging process.
- Hypertension: There are some studies in which is shown that people who drink beer at regular basis have lower blood pressure compared with people who drink wine in similar amounts.
- Prevention of anemia: Beer is rich in folic acid and Vitamin B12 and if you have deficiency of them, then this can lead to anemia. Vitamin B12 is also important for maintaining normal concentration, memory and growth.
- Diabetes: There are some studies in which is shown that people who drink beer in moderate amounts have a lower prevalence of diabetes type 2.
- Increased bone density: If you consume beer in moderate amounts, then this can increase the bone density which is reducing the risk of getting osteoporosis and fractures.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases: Beer has Vitamin B6 which can protect against heart diseases because it is preventing the build – up of one compound which is known as homocysteine. Also this alcoholic drink has a thinning effect on the blood and also it can prevent the formation of clots which can lead to block in the coronary arteries. If you drink beer in moderate amounts, then this can also reduce the risk of inflammation which is the main cause for atherosclerosis.