Bone chip in the elbow: When some small parts of cartilage or bones are lost and they are floating in the elbow joint, then this condition is known as bone chip in the elbow. They are coming from the upper arm bone. Osteochondritis dissecans is the medical term for this condition. The surface of the joints is lined and cushioned by the cartilage. In fact cartilage is tissue.
The cause for the bone chip in the elbow: When you have some injury in your elbow, then you are having the biggest chances to get bone chip in the elbow. Also when you are not having enough supply of blood in the bone, then your chances are also increased for getting bone chip. People who are active sport players and who are throwing a lot in their career such as athletes and gymnasts are having the biggest chances to get bone chip.
Here are the symptoms of this condition:
- You cannot straighten your arm completely because your elbow is swollen
- When you are trying to move your elbow, you are feeling lot of pain. You are feeling that your elbow is locked in place which is making difficulties for your health.
- When you have bone chip, you can feel that you have something in your joints.
- When you are trying to move your elbow, you might feel sound which is like click sound.
If you have some of the mentioned symptoms, then you should visit your doctor. When you are having your symptoms, you should not move your elbow. You should try to rest your elbow until the moment you have started feeling better. In many cases these symptoms are gone after 6 weeks or in other cases it can take from six to twelve weeks. In some case patients who are suffering from bone chip in their elbow, should make a surgery because their symptoms are not going better.
Bone chip in the knee: When you have some injury in your knee joint which is an injury of your cartilage or your bones in the knee, then this condition is known as bone chip in the knee. When you are suffering from this condition, then the cartilage which is covering the patella or the femur is affected. When some parts of the bones or the cartilage is lost, then they can float in the knee area. Osteochondral fracture and chondral fracture are other terms for this condition. Also the part of the bones and cartilage which are lost are known as joint mouse or loose bodies.
- The cause for the bone chip in the knee: This condition is result from the knee injury which is caused by a piece of cartilage or bone which is chipped from the back of the kneecap or from the end of the thighbone. When you are having serious injuries in your knees, then you are having the biggest chances to get bone chip in the knee. Also when you have small injuries which are repeating constantly, then you also have increased chances for getting bone chip in the knees. Also when you are not having enough blood supply in your knees, then you have increased chances for getting this disease.
- The symptoms of the bone chip in the knee: Here are the symptoms of the bone chip in the knee:
- When you are moving your knee, you are feeling a pain
- Your knees can be swollen
- Also there are some cases when you are feeling that your knees are locked (from one period to another period)
- In some cases you are feeling chips in the surface of your knees
- In the surface of your knees you are also having chances to have bulges
- You will not have a chance to straighten your knees or you are not having a chance to fully bend your knees
If you are feeling some of these symptoms, then you should visit your doctor. He or she will make tests to be sure for your condition such as MRI and X-rays of your knees. You should not be active until your symptoms are gone. You should rest your knees. It might take several weeks until your symptoms have gone. In some cases these symptoms are not gone by their own and in those cases surgery is recommended because it will make their condition better. You should visit your doctor at the first moment when you have started feeling these symptoms. You should also take care about your knees in your home. This bone chip is not easily prevented, so you must talk with your doctor about it.